Saturday, November 17, 2012

Writer's Workspace: Lyn Cote

Slightly later than usual due to a techinical hitch, the Pink Heart Society visits with Love Inspired author  Lyn Cote



Greetings from the chilly northwoods of Wisconsin.  My camera is on the FRITZ! So I'll describe what my office looks like and then show you photos of what's just outside my window! My office is a small room on the lakeside of our cottage on Tomahawk Lake.



My handy husband built me a desk attached to the front wall overlooking the lake and the other three walls are lined with bookshelves, crowded ones. Since it's November, when I look out my window, I see stacks of firewood. We supplement our heat with our fireplace during the winter.

But when I look past the firewood on the porch, I see our lake. My husband always wanted to live here and I thought it was a pipe dream. But then circumstances fell into place and we were able to move upnorth!





 I grew up in Illinois and raised our children in Iowa. But my husband's family always owned property on this lake and like the swallows of Capistrano, the Cotes were drawn to Tomahawk Lake every year. Northern Wisconsin is similar I'm told to Maine. It's heavily forested and within a fifty  radius of my cottage are 2300 lakes. My latest series, "Wilderness Brides" is set in Wisconsin in 1869 when many families who didn't want to live in soddies were homesteading  here. I chose Pepin WI for the setting since a famous American, Laura Ingalls Wilder was born there. Remember the Little House in the Big Woods? That's kind of where I live!


Their Frontier Family, first book in the Wilderness Brides series

No one is more surprised than Sunny Licht when Noah Whitmore proposes. She's a scarlet woman and an unwed mother—an outcast even in her small Quaker m community. But she can't resist Noah's offer of a fresh start in a place where her scandalous past is unknown.

In Sunny, the former Union soldier sees a woman whose loneliness matches his own . When they arrive in Wisconsin, he'll see that she and her baby daughter want for nothin g…except the love that war burned out of him. Yet Sunny makes him hope once more—for the home they're building, and the family he never hoped to find.
You can purchase it wherever good books or ebooks are sold.

About the Author

Since her first Love Inspired romance debuted in 1998, Lyn Cote has written over 30 books. A RITA finalist and a ACFW Carol Award winner, Lyn writes contemporary romance and historical. Her brand is "Strong Women, Brave Stories." Visit her website/blog at http://www.LynCote.net and find her on Facebook, GoodReads and Twitter.

 



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment