My latest release has 4 different covers. UK covers for paperback and kindle and US covers for paperback and kindle. So I'll show you them all!
I have a Christmas book out this month and as it is a medical set in Glasgow I decided to use the opportunity to introduce the world to some Scottish words. And for the simple reason that you are here I thought I might introduce you to some too.Can you guess what they mean??
I could give you many more but thought that would be enough!
And the answers.......
- Very dirty ( the way your kids look coming off a football pitch)
- Very wet ( they way you look when you're caught in torrential rain with no umbrella!)
- An uproar, very rowdy behaviour (usually at a party that's been gate-crashed)
- Get caught up in something (often used as Dinnae get yersel’ in a fankle)
- A nuisance (most often used by Scottish Granny's who called you a "wee scunner")
- Someone who talks too much is known as a blether
- An exceptionally lazy person who is doing their best to avoid work
- A fiddly job
- To tell someone to be quiet
- Drouth. What happens to your mouth the morning after you've been drinking all night. A drouth in Scotland is typically cured by Scotland's national drink Irn Bru. Bright orange, ladelled with sugar and an instant hangover cure!
So, do you have any words you'd like to introduce me to? And which cover do you like the best?????
An unforgettable Christmas!
Nurse Cassidy Rae is a stickler for rules, but even she revels in the magic of Christmas! Unlike new Registrar Brad Donovan, who hates Christmas. With his surfer-boy looks and cocky charm, he's severely testing Cassidy's goodwill to all men. But in the festive season miracles can happen—and Brad’s about to give Cassidy a Yuletide to remember…