Friday, May 11, 2012

Fill The Well Friday :: Sunshine

After weeks of keeping her head down, Pink Heart Society editor Jenna Bayley-Burke emerges from the writing cave and sees that the sun will come out tomorrow.

I wasn't even going to Zumba. Oh, I was going to the gym and letting the kids do their thing while I found a chair, plugged in my laptop, set my MP3 to alpha wave and pounding the keys. You know it's bad when you can't even find the time to shake your stress away.

I had great writers cave weather - cold, wind, rain. But as soon as I turned in the book, the weather changed. The sun came out. I live in the Pacific Northwest. This is a very big deal.

There is something primal and healing about sunshine. The warmth that surrounds, the kiss on skin, the light that brightens. We crave it, we need it.

Now I have the kind of skin that is incapable of tanning, so I'll never be a sun worshipper. But I do love the feel of sun on my face, back, shoulders, That gentle reminder that today is the tomorrow I hoped for.

We talk about all the ways to fill the well, to replinish yourself after a stressful period in your life. But the first step begins like spring, with a look out from the darkness to the light. And a smile as you remember that the sun will always shine again.

When Jenna isn't waxing poetic about sunshine, she's writing sexy stories about smart women and then men driving them wild. For more on Jenna's latest adventures, check out her website or blog. In a few weeks she'll be sharing her latest story, Drive Me Crazy. A cross-country roadtrip, creaky bedsprings, a camera and three weeks to figure out forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment