- I’ve been up to my eyes in deadlines lately (not to mention, ahem, the need to tidy my office). So this month I’m going to give you one of my deadline recipes – chicken and pineapple curry.
• 4 skinless chicken breasts, diced
• 1 onion, peeled and sliced finely
• about 200g button mushrooms, washed and sliced
• 1 green pepper (bell), seeded and diced
• 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
• 1 tin of pineapple pieces in juice (about 300g), drained and juice reserved
• 150 ml water
• 1/2 a teaspoon of cumin
• 1/2 a teaspoon of chilli powder
• 1/2 a teaspoon of turmeric
• 1/4 a teaspoon of ginger
• 1/2 a teaspoon of coriander
• a little olive oil
• 1-2 tsp of cornflour
Heat the oil in the pan and stir-fry the chicken until sealed.
Add onion, garlic and spices and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
Add the pineapple juice, water, mushrooms and pepper.
Simmer for about 20 minutes.
Add the pineapple.
Mix the cornflour with a little water, then add to the pan until the sauce is the desired consistency.
Serve with rice or naan bread.
In the US, The Ex Who Hired Her is in shops right now and and Dr Cinderella’s Midnight Fling is available on the eHarlequin website. They’re both also available on the Mills & Boon website in the UK. You can find out more about these books, and Kate, on her website (http://www.katehardy.com/) and her blog (http://katehardy.blogspot.com/)