Thursday, March 29, 2012

Introducing The Irish Brides Continuity

Award winning Historical and Love Inspired Historical Autor Cheryl St John introduces the new Love Inspired Historical Continuity -- The Irish Brides Trilogy
The mysterious inheritance is the answer to a prayer. Now Irish lass Maeve Murphy and her sisters can come to America. She's sure happiness awaits her, even if it won't--can't--come from widowed ship doctor Flynn Gallagher. Yes, he made her his assistant, but she's not foolish enough to fall for the man all the eligible, wealthy female passengers admire.

Flynn Gallagher may have his pick of ladies, but only one cares as he does for the sick and poor. Flynn vowed never to marry another woman who would break his heart. With Maeve, has his heart found safe harbor at last?

When Renee, Winnie and I received the “bible” for the Irish Brides continuity, we had a lot to think over, plan and work through. We were each assigned a sister and given loose suggestions for how the stories should unfold. In that first outline my book was called The Ship Doctor’s Bride. My personal affectionate working title was Irish Sister. I have to have a title before I can get words on the page, but I somehow ignored the lack of a decent title and plunged forward. It wasn’t until much later and the book was nearly finished that I gave the editors a list of title suggestions and they chose The Wedding Journey.

The three of us worked together to pull together the threads of the story, keep the characters straight and create logical stories with believable characters. As I look back, I recognize this was one of the most challenging stories I’ve ever done, but also one of my favorite projects. I thoroughly enjoyed saturation in the Irish history and culture. I watched every Irish movie I could find. I found myself thinking with a brogue! So you can imagine my delight when Love Inspired Historical asked me to write a prequel to the trilogy—an online serial for the Harlequin site.

I had never written anything of such a short word length. (Not counting my amateurish attempts at short stories many many years ago.) What a challenge! But I was completely caught up in 1850 Irelend, so I created a love story, with the Murphy sisters as walk-on characters. You can read the entire story Donnelly’s Promise on my blog.
You can read more about Cheryl St John and her award winning books on her website


  1. Thanks for a chance to talk about the continuity series today!

  2. Cheryl,

    I have to say you did a fabulous job on The Wedding Journey. I thoroughly enjoyed Maeve and Flynn's story and am looking forward to reading the other in the series. Great job!!!

  3. I love the covers! And I'm sure the insides are even better. Can't wait to read them all.

  4. Budgeting for that special wedding day is important as you could run up bills amounting to many thousands of pounds.

    for the bride