Thursday, September 15, 2011

What Are You Reading...Michelle Styles

Historical author Michelle Styles reveals what she has been reading this summer.
My summer has been basically the summer of single title contemporary series.

It all started with Susan Wiggs and her Summer at Willow Lake. I became curious to see what was going to happen to the Bellamys.
I next tried Jodie Thomas's Rita winning Welcome to Harmony. Absolutely excellent.
BUT my biggest discovery was next up Robyn Carr -- the Virgin River  series. For some reason I had thought they were Inspirationals but they are most definately not. They are heart-warming with a capital H. I have read the first four books. My favourite as it made me weep buckets was A Virgin River Christmas. Being a transplanted Northern California girl (I have lived in the UK for last 23 years), I loved the setting. It reminded me of the summers I spent at Girl Scout camp in Northern California and the area around the cabin we had when I was growing up. That was in the Sierra Nevadas but it was close enough. I loved how Carr made you care about the characters and how the town grew on you. Luckily there are a number of Virgin River titles out there and I have been assured by the Powers that Be that they are going to be released in the UK so that I can get them on my kindle.  Book 4 -- A Virgin River Christmas has not been released by Mills and Boon yet (but will be at Christmas time -- I think it will be called Bring Me Home for Christmas) but you can get a four book bundle for the kindle as it must have been done before the UK/US  kindle separation.  All I can say is if you like heart warming books with an open bedroom door, you will love Robyn Carr and her Virgin River series.
Other good books I read this summer included The Return of A Stranger by Kate Walker (her Wuthering Heights inspired one -- excellent), A Moment on Her Lips by Kate Hardy (Kate just sent me this and hers always go straight to the top of the TBR pile -- it is excellent as well)

Michelle Styles writes warm, witty and intimate historical romance for Harlequin. Her latest To Marry A Matchmaker is currently out in Australia and New Zealand. It was published in July in the UK and is out as an ebook in the UK and will be out in the US some time in early 2012.  You can find out more about Michelle's books at her website www.michellestyles.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment