Romance novels have inspired many things. Husbands everywhere should stop and thank a romance author for brightening their evenings. But beyond the bedroom, romance novels spark great adventures. Some of my favorites have been ::
1. HORSEBACK RIDING - I'm not really referring to save a horse, ride a cowboy - honest! I haven't been on a horse since I was a kid, and this made me want to get back into it. A well-muscled cowboy giving lessons would be a plus.
2. RIDE IN A LIMO - I hate driving. I think the last time I was in a limo was when Trish Wylie & I piled into one with a dozen other romance authors at the Dallas conference. I'd like to try it when it's less crowded. Ahem.
3. TRAVEL TO SCOTLAND - I haven't managed it yet, but my Highland Games adventure last weekend has got me thinking about it again. The castles, the kilts, the brogue. Yes, I must go.
4. SURF! I tried, back in the days I could still pull off a bikini. But, after a couple attempts I was cranky and tired and gave up. I'd like to try it now that I have more patience. What? I do so have more patience!
5. MAKE A BUCKET LIST - Having a good long think about what you want is a great way to shorten the distance between here and there. So is hiring a babysitter. My girlfriends and I promised one another adventures for our birthdays. So far, we've had makeovers, walking tours, pole dancing, zip-lining...with rafting and a Vegas trip in the works!
6. EAT CAKE - As the cupcake bakeries have popped up I think most domestic goddesses have thought - hey, I could do that. Or, that carrot cake is awful. Whichever.
7. TOUR A WINERY - Before we were breeders, Hubba Bubba and I used to find ourselves at a wine tasting nearly every summer weekend.
8. SEE THE OPALS IN AUSTRALIA - Kelly Hunter did an amazing job of bringing the rugged beauty of Australia and fire of opals to life in Priceless...which was renamed Bedded For Diamonds in the North American market. I'm not sure why they renamed it that either!
9. BE AN EXTRA ON A FILM SET - I'd love to experience how films and television are made, see all the different jobs that go into making it possible for actors to entertain us.
10. HAVE GAME-SHOW WORTHY ADVENTURES - I love Survivor, but I'm not cut out to camp for 40 days, or do any of those challenges where you have to eat bugs. Same with Amazing Race. I'd love it, until I got frustrated trying to perfect some native dance. But some of the things they do? I'd love to do some afternoon, and then return to my hotel.
11. ATTEND A BALL - complete with the Cinderella treatment. I think this is how some women see their wedding, but I got married at a park, to a man who hates to dance. I want the elegance, the music, the dress, the shoes...
12. WEAR PROVOCATIVE T-SHIRTS - I have to buy shirts around my...um...assets, so all those cute phrase ones aren't in my closet. But I do love a good rude shirt.
13. BE AN UNDERCOVER AGENT - For the weekend, not for a lifetime. The excitement would be epic, but I wouldn't want to keep it up long term. I mean...when would I have time to read my books?
WHAT HAVE ROMANCE NOVELS MADE YOU WANT TO DO?
Jenna's dealing with line edits, waiting to hear back on a new story, and finishing the road trip book right now. Until it's ready, be sure to check out her latest. Private Scandal is ripe with secrets, sass, and sensational sex. Keep up with Jenna's spin on things on her website & blog