Saturday, July 09, 2011

Wild Card Weekend - Terri Reed

This weekend welcome back Terri Reed, back home and still recovering from RWA National conference...

Terri Reed here, I’m knee deep in deadlines but am coming up to breathe to write this post.  I just spent nine days in New York City for the Romance Writers of America’s national writers conference.  There were over 2000 writers in attendance at the Marriot Marquis in Times Square.  Being back in New York was a blast.  I lived in the city back in the late 80’s early 90’s.  So much has changed since then.  Times Square is a safe and busy place to be.  I was overwhelmed by the amount of people.  When I lived there, you didn’t ‘hang out’ in Times Square.  Other things have changed.  My favorite restaurants are gone.  The subway was clean compared to what I remember.   Central Park was still as beautiful as ever.  I love walking through the greenery smack dab in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of New York.

I brought my daughter with me.  She’s never been to New York and of course she loved it.  All the energy, the things to do, the ease of getting around by foot or subway.  We did some sight seeing, which was fun.  We went to places I’d never gone because living in New York City is so different than visiting.  We hit the Guggenheim, the American Museum of Natural History, the seaport, and my daughter got to visit the Met while I was in workshops.  We saw a Broadway play, Anything Goes.  Fabulous! My daughter saw How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying starring Daniel Radcliffe.  Being a big Harry Potter fan, she was ecstatic.    The trip wasn’t all fun and games, were we there to look at colleges as well.  She viewed The New School and New York University.  She loved both schools.  Next week we’re heading to Chicago to look at three schools then driving to Iowa to look another school.  The college search is draining, exciting and overwhelming for both of us.

If anyone has some good advice on how pick the right college, I’m all ears.

 I’m doing a blog tour right now promoting my latest release, The Innocent Witness. To see my stops use this link.

Faith sustained Vivian Grant through her horrible childhood and loveless marriage, but how much more can she take? Her husband has been killed. Her autistic son is the only witness. And someone is twisting the evidence to place the blame on her. Viv has no one to trust—and danger is closing in.

A failed protection detail cost former Secret Service agent Anthony Carlucci his job—and his self-confidence. He's not going to fail anyone under his care again. Anthony will risk anything to keep Viv and her son safe…including his heart.


  1. Hi, Terri! It sounds as though you've had a whirlwind of a time traveling. I enjoyed reading about all the things you've been doing, although it made me want to take a nap ;-). Which college did you and/or your daughter like best?

    Your new book looks terrific--I'll keep an eye out for it :-).

  2. Hi, Terry, we liked both of the NY schools. I think NYU edged up a little higher. We're off to see Northwestern and UChicago this week. Then to Iowa to see Cornell College, which is the favorite on paper.
    Thanks for stopping by.

  3. Hi Terri! I love NY too. This time 5 of us rented a car and drove to Vermont. With the toohotmamas it turned into a total laugh-in :D My sides ached by the time we got back to Manhattan and the conference.

    Re: selecting a college...that most usually is a matter of "can I afford it" versus "do they have the program I want". If I had it to do all over again, and those stars aligned, I think I'd go to the University of Portland, right here. It's an incredible school :)