Monday, July 25, 2011

Male on Monday: Richard Madden

Donna Alward continues the infatuation with the Game of Thrones cast with a new MoM Member: Richard Madden, aka King of the North, Robb Stark.

For the first episodes of Game of Thrones, other members of the cast capture the fancy. Like Sean Bean as Nedd Stark. And Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jamie Lannister). But out of the shadows comes Robb Stark - Nedd's heir.

After a certain "episode" (and if you've seen the series you know which one I mean, and if you haven't I won't spoil it for you) Robb makes some tough, grown up decisions. I really started loving his character. I loved the way his eyes flashed and his curly hair, and, well, everything. He swept on screen and I was mesmerized. So here is a little about Richard Madden, the actor who plays Robb Stark.

Richard was born in Elderslie, Renfrewshire, Scotland in 1986. He joined a youth drama group at age 11 and was soon cast in a film (as a rape victim in the 2000 drama Complicity); and appeared in a British children's TV series (My Barmy Aunt Boomerang) at age 13.

He was bullied in secondary school because of his childhood acting experience.

He starred in a Globe Theatre production of Romeo and Juliet in London and on a British tour while still a student at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, and also appeared on stage with the National Theatre of Scotland and the Royal Shakespeare Company.

Richard costarred in Hope Springs, a 2009 BBC comedy-drama series about women ex-cons; and Sirens, a 2011 BBC comedy series about paramedics. Won the 2009 Scottish Style Award for Most Stylish Male and was named one of Scotland's "most eligible men" by the Scotsman newspaper in 2010.
Any information I tried to find was sketchy at best, but sometimes it doesn't matter if you know a lot about the person behind the character. To me, I know him as Robb Stark, King of the North, young but brave and a man that men much older are willing to follow into battle.

Donna's latest release is A FAMILY FOR THE RUGGED RANCHER, out now from Harlequin Romance and part of Harlequin's COWBOY FOR EVERY MOOD promotion.


  1. Richard Madden did a great job in Game of Thrones and he is quite handsome (even if he is too young for Thanks for the post.

  2. Too young for me too, Maria. I saw 1986 and, I'm getting old! I was surprised he is only 25...

  3. too young for me too but you can dream

  4. I don't care if I am to old, he is the sexiest thing I have ever seen, sexiest man alive.

  5. Oh my f*cking goodness, he's so damn hot!!
    (and he's not to young for me, xD)