Monday, July 11, 2011

Male On Monday: Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys

PHS Editor Donna Alward is back and celebrating all things Western this week - including a little cowboy love.

When I was trying to think of a new "flavour of the month" for my Male on Monday slot, Michelle Styles suggested cowboys. I couldn't think of just one. And then a song came into my head - as often happens. Willie Nelson singing "Mamas, Don't let your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys". I brought up the lyrics and DANG! Instant reasons why I LOVE cowboys.

So lets take a closer look - with a bit of a visual tour, shall we?



Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys
Don't let 'em pick guitars and drive them old trucks







Cowboys ain't easy to love and they're harder to hold
And they'd rather give you a song than diamonds or gold
Lonestar belt buckles and old faded Levis











Cowboys like smoky old pool rooms, clear mountain mornings
Little warm puppies and children, girls of the night



And I have to confess, I'm partial to that last line, because my current release has BOTH on the cover. My hero, Wyatt, doesn't have a family in his life plan, but it changes when he meets Sam. And Wyatt has a rescue dog, too - Homer.


So what about you? Are you on board with this cowboy thang?



Donna's current release is A FAMILY FOR THE RUGGED RANCHER, featuring a reclusive rancher, a far-too-perky-for-his-taste heroine, a cute kid and a three-legged dog.  You can find out more info at her website and blog. It's part of Harlequin's COWBOY FOR EVERY MOOD promotion.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing better than a cowboy. I'm not sure if it's the hat, the jeans, or if it's because they come with a horse--doesn't matter. I'm on board. Congratulations on your new release, Donna.

    ReplyDelete