Saturday, April 09, 2011

Wild Card Weekend - April Showers

Please welcome back Jules Bennett with a post about the kind of April Showers that don't necessarily bring flowers, but the peal of wedding bells?

What better blog topic for romance fans than the recent wedding shower my daughters and I attended? My nephew and his fiance are just the cutest couple. Of course, I forgot to get their picture, but here I am with my no mind to the baby doll and baby items, my 5 year old takes them everywhere:)

So, here we are at this glorious country club with fresh flowers (pink of course) decorating every table, window, entryway (think Steel Magnolias, only not tacky). The yummy little pastries have to be mentioned. What wedding shower is complete without chocolate treats? And smiles all around as we celebrate the upcoming nuptials for Shane and Amy.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one in attendance who was immediately taken back in time to the day I married the love of my life - my high school sweetheart. There's something about seeing the promise of new love to pull you back. All those giddy, anxious feelings came flooding back.

Needless to say, I love weddings. I don't even have to know the couple getting married to get in the mood for love:) Seeing them at the start of their lives together just reminds me of all that I need, all that we all need, is love. And I'm not talking love from a spouse, I'm talking love in general. Love keeps us smiling and that warmth spreading through our bodies.

In my latest Harlequin Desire release, HER INNOCENCE, HIS CONQUEST, my hero and heroine attend the wedding of the hero's brother (the couple from FROM BOARDROOM TO WEDDING BED?). Adding a wedding into this book was the scene I knew I wanted before I even typed Chapter One. For the readers who read the first book, I wanted them to experience the HEA:)

I'd love to hear about your wedding or even a wedding of a friend/family member that will always stick with you. I have to say, I'm doubly excited for the royal wedding coming up!

Leave me a comment and I'll choose one random person to win a signed copy of, HER INNOCENCE, HIS CONQUEST!


  1. I haven't been to any great real life weddings yet, but I love a good fictional one, whether its a heroine who feels like a princess for the first time in her life, two lonelyhearts connecting at the reception, or a soapy interruption of the vows. Plus, I'm all for anything that involves a pretty dress.

    Your girls are adorable, I was like your little one, I had to take a doll with me everywhere, too.

  2. I've been to a couple of weddings that were lots of fun from start to finish.

  3. I've been to quite a few weddings. I guess the most unique one happened last year. Our nephew got married in Banff National Park out in a meadow. The wedding took place on the first Sunday in September which was in the middle of the Labor Day long weekend here in Canada. Saturday was sunny and quite warm. Sunday, the wedding day was rainy. So the guests sat out in the meadow under umbrellas. Both the bride and grooms parents had divorced with their mothers remarrying. There were six parents in the wedding party ~ 2 moms 2 dads and 2 step dads ~ thus the guests came from six different families. It did stop raining for a bit and the wedding took place. Monday dawned bright and sunny again. However the bride was a competition swimmer so she didn't think a bit of rain ruined her wedding. They had each written something extra to say to each other. Our nephew is 34 years old, a red headed Viking of a man. He had tears in his eyes as he was telling his bride what she meant to him and they were tears not rain drops. All in all a very touching and moving ceremony.

  4. My cousin had a shotgun wedding in Vegas. They just decided to have a quick wedding and we got some deals for the hotel rooms and it only took two weeks of planning. It was fun and I liked that it wasn't so formal and we all had a great time in Vegas.

  5. My mum many years ago gave me the silk stockings her mother had worn for her wedding, and with some nifty underpinning I managed the same at my wedding!

  6. Summer, I love weddings! I cry at all of them, even if I'm not close with the happy couple:)

    Thanks for stopping in!

  7. Kaelee, my hubby cried at our wedding...I was hoping they were happy tears:)

    Even rain can't ruin love!

  8. Jane, I begged my guy to do Vegas, but he has a HUGE family and wanted all of them there. We had a great day!

  9. Alison, what a wonderful memory! Thank you for sharing;) I'm sure your day was all the more special!