Sunday, March 20, 2011

Marilyn's Review Roundup


Between celebrating St. Patrick's Day and shuttling my mother to doctors appointments is was another week of not reading. 

As promised last week, I finished Donna Alward's Honeymoon with the Rancher.  I'm still laughing about this book because I can't imagine ever having the courage to just pack my bags and take off to Argentina like this heroine did.    My review here

 
One gorgeous rancher, one jilted bride!

Tomas Mendoza left the city behind when he retreated
to a rustic Argentine ranching guesthouse after losing
his fiancée. He has found peace working the land…until
socialite Sophia Hollingsworth plants her stilettos in front
of him and demands to stay the week.

Sophia is nursing private hurts of her own—after all,
she is on her honeymoon…alone. Her bravado is a cover
act to show everyone she can stand on her own two feet.

Trouble is, she’s in danger of being swept away into the
rancher’s arms!


Finished Liz Fielding's and Patricia Thayer's Becoming the Tycoon's Bride.  I've always been a fan of Liz's books and Patricia was a new author for me.

The Tycoon's Marriage Bid by Patricia Thayer  - Review here
 
Hugh McCutcheon is renowned for getting what he wants, and he wants Ellie Flanagan's business! But when Hugh meets flame-haired, kind Ellie, suddenly a strictly business bid is the last thing on his mind. His new proposal aims toward the altar…!

Chosen as the Sheikh's Wife by Liz Fielding  - Review here
 
After a beautiful stranger discovers his long-lost heirloom under floorboard, Sheikh Fayad al Khalifa swoops in to protect innocent Violet Hamilton. Now, with greedy enemies gathering, the only way he can keep her safe is to put her on his private jet, take her to his desert kingdom and…marry her!

I love Anne McAllister's Greek heroes especially the Savas and Antonides and Hired by Her Husband featured George Savas, one hot Greek!

Once, Sophy and George Savas were happily married….

Then Sophy woke up and realized that her blissful marriage was a sham. She's never looked back—until the day she learns her husband has been critically injured, and her world is shaken…
.
Now, though he's stubborn and proud, George wants Sophy's help. He knows she won't come willingly, so he hires her to be

My review here


I always have a book in my purse and for some reason I couldn't remember reading Janette's Captured and Crowned.  So while sitting in the doctors office waiting for my mother, I started reading this as it arrived in the post from one of my Romantic Times friends.  I thought I had read it and I had but it was such a spectacular romance that I read it again.

Review

The arrogant King’s untouched bride

Demetria Andreou has only a few hours of freedom left! Playboy Prince Kristo Stanrakis must take his brother’s place as King of Angyra – and he’s planning to take Demetria, his brother’s fiancée, for his queen.

Only Kristo realises innocent Demetria was his for the taking a year ago – when, as strangers, they nearly made love on sun-baked white sands. The arrogant King’s contempt for his reluctant bride is only matched by his burning desire to finish what they started…

What's waiting for me this coming week?  Lynn Raye Harris Prince Voronov's Virgin, Kimberly Lang's Girls Guide to Flirting with Danger and Anna Cleary's Do Not Disturb.

No comments:

Post a Comment