Thursday, January 06, 2011

What Are You Reading Thursday: M&B's new line - RIVA!


Today Fiona Harper tells us about not just one book, but four books she's been reading lately that have got her all excited!


I'm all excited about something new Harlequin Mills & Boon is doing in the UK. From this week, Mills & Boon has a new line called Riva and I'm doubly excited because I'm going to be wr
iting for it. The books are written by combination of Modern Heat (Presents Extra) authors and M&B Romance (Harlequin Romance) authors. Two very different styles of books, right? Well, actually...not so much!

Whi
le the sensuality levels vary between the two lines, the types of stories and the 'voices' of the authors are very similar. Riva is the home of sparky, sassy stories of life and love - from first flicker to burning flame. These are feel-good, funny, contemporary reads, and the titles and covers reflect this.

As soon as the first month of Riva books were available, I ordered them from the Mills & Boon website and started devouring them. So here's a little bit about them:


Girls' Guide to Flirting With Danger
by Kimber
ly Lang

Rule #1 – Don’t even flirt with your ex – let alone sleep with him! Life is good for marriage counsellor Megan Lowe – until the media discover that she’s the ex-wife of Devin Kenney, America’s most famous divorce attorney! Now the paparazzi are digging for a scoop just in time for the launch of Devin’s new book. His gorgeous smile smirks at Megan from magazines and billboards – making him infuriatingly impossible to forget…

This was a smart, sassy book that I just couldn't put down. Reunion stories can be tricky, but the conflicts and histories in this book really worked for me - and the sexual tension was so hot I had to stop and fan myself down a couple of times! Loved the bit about Megan's tatoo too - but you'll just have to read the book to find out what its of and where it is! (And don't worry about missing out if you're in North America, because it's out in March over there as a Presents Extra.)

With This Fling...
by Kelly Hunter


With this fling… Successful archaeologist Charlotte Greenstone has no time for men, so invents a convenient one – who bears a highly inconvenient resemblance to sexy stranger Greyson Tyler! To protect her mortifying white lie, Charlotte begs Grey to act as her temporary fiancé…
I thee bed? One glimpse of Charlotte’s killer curves, and Grey can’t resist making his own outrageous proposition – he’ll pretend to be her fiancé…if they can enjoy all the benefits of being a couple!


A little confession here...Kelly Hunter is one of my favourite authors. Her books are both poignant and clever and funny, and With This Fling certainly didn't disappoint. Charlotte was a deliciously demanding and contrary heroine. And Grey? Well he was just plain delicious! (Will be released in June 2011 in North America as Presents Extra).


Juggling Briefcase And Baby by Jessica Hart

Has the lion of corporate London met his match? Waiting in his luxurious private jet, Lex Gibson is… nervous. The prospect of spending a weekend working with Romy, the only woman ever to reach behind his flawless façade, has the notoriously calm Lex well and truly rattled. Worse still, Romy comes with her baby, Freya, whose presence makes Lex want to hide behind the nearest desk! Opposites they may be, but Lex’s attraction to Romy has grown stronger – and as babies go Freya is rather adorable. Lex may just be tempted to strike up a very personal business deal…

Jessica Hart is another of my 'auto-buy' authors. Her characters are always such real people to me, and you can't help getting sucked into the heart of a romance when the hero and heroine leap off the page at you, can you? I also have a weakness for buttoned-up heroes. All that restrained passion simmering under the surface... (fans self down)...and Lex had plenty of that! And he met his match in free-spirited Romy. (Relased Oct 2010 in North America as Harlequin Romance).


Deserted Island, Dreamy Ex by Nicola Marsh


Kristi’s Stranded Diary: Day 1
Being shipwrecked on an idyllic deserted island for reality TV show Stranded sounded blissful. Until I discovered my Man Friday for the week was Jared Malone (aka he-who-broke-my heart!). I mean, of course I’ll be fine. I don’t feel anything for him any more. Female viewers might swoon over Jared’s tanned gorgeousness, but I know he’s just an arrogant, over-muscled heartbreaker!


I can't give a full opinion of Nicola's book yet, because I'm still in the middle of it! However, Jared is a great, sexy, smart-mouthed hero and Kristi is every bit his match. I cringed with poor Kristi at the thought of spending a whole week deserted with the man who broke her heart, but I'm really enjoying her method of revenge - wearing a minscule green bikini and watching him sweat! Even if I haven't reached the end yet, I know rest of the book will be punchy and emotional, because Nicola's books always are. Can't wait to see if Kristi and Jared can last another four days...
(This book was out in Sept 2010 in North America as a Harlequin Romance.)


Fiona's very own Riva, Three Weddings And A Baby is out in February 2011, but is available online now at Mills and Boon's website! You can even have a sneaky peak at the first chapter! The North American Version, Millionaire's Baby Bombshell, is also out in shops in Feb, but is availble on eHarlequin now.

Do you believe in love at first sight? Jennie Hunter and Alex Dangerfield did, and they married just a few weeks after they met! But when Alex disappeared on their wedding night Jennie was left alone – and angry – in her honeymoon suite. A month later, and Jennie has given up hope of ever seeing her runaway husband again. Then Alex returns – with his toddler in tow!

6 comments:

  1. Can I quote you on that? ~grin~

    I'm so tickled you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riva is an exciting new development....The concept of packaging books solely according to author voices is certainly very flattering for those of us chosen to join this line.

    And I'm looking forward to sharing shelf space with you Fiona, one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly can quote me on that, Kimberly!

    And I'm also excited to be shelf buddies with some of my favourite Modern Heat authors as well as my Romance pals.

    I still want your title, Heidi! 'Cupcakes and Killer Heels' - it's perfect.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to reading the new Riva line. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New line is AWESOME! Yay for Riva and all the fabulous Riva authors!

    ReplyDelete