Monday, January 03, 2011

MALE ON MONDAY : Chris Evans

HELLO HOTNESS! Mira Lyn Kelly shares a little about the super hot Chris Evans.

You haven’t met? Oh where are my manners, this is Chris…

…Err, no, not my husband Chris. (Awkward pause, as I take a shameless feel and whisper something soothing into my six foot, clad in spandex and making it look manly, pretend, celebrity boyfriend’s ear)

No, this is American actor Chris Evans, star of the upcoming CAPTAIN AMERICA and long-time top-tier slot holder on my hierarchy of hotness.

Chris and I met back in 2001 when he starred in NOT ANOTHER TEEN MOVIE and took the fast track to my heart by baring his ripped bod while making me laugh. Yeah, I admit it, I’m all about the shredded abs coupled nicely with a super sense of humor. Get me laughing and you’re half way there. Do it with whipped cream on a perfect body and well… lol, we’re talking about something pretty special.

I know what you’re thinking. Lucky, lucky, Mira with her younger man. And for the record…totally.

Yes, born June 13, 1981, Chris is full ten years younger than I am. Has it gotten in the way of our one-sided scorching hot lust? No, not even a little bit. How could something as trivial as age interfere with a fantasy romance based on a body that looks as good in skin tight spandex (um, just for clarity, we’re talking about HIS body here) as it does out of it. See his role as the Human Torch in FANTASTIC FOUR (2005) as evidence.

What’s the secret, you’re wondering, to the longevity of this unconventional affair of my mind? While the laughs and pin up physique certainly don’t hurt, I think the thing that really keeps me coming back is his smile. And before you slap this window closed in some disgusted huff, cursing me for ruining a perfectly tawdry set-up… let me assure you I’m not talking about anything nice with that smile business. In fact, for the sake of clarity, let’s just call it his almost smile.

So lazy only half of it goes to work, so effective that’s all it takes, Chris Evans’s smile might make you think naughty little boy if it didn’t have such grown up intent behind it. Caught somewhere between bored and amused, that cocky, come-on-you-know-you-want-it twist of lips is all confidence and promise of a good time. He looks like a guy who doesn’t take himself too seriously, unless serious is what the moment requires. He looks a lot like the kind of guy I like to write about.

And that’s why Chris Evans is my Male on Monday. But that’s just me. When it comes to ManCandy, what makes your sweet-tooth ache?

Mira’s second book, FRONT PAGE AFFAIR, is available now through Kindle, Nook, and on-line through the eHarlequin site, and will be hitting the shelves in print Jan 11, 2011.

Payton hasn't seen Nate Evans in years—not since he used to hang out with her brother in high school. But now she and Nate are guests at the same wedding where the notorious millionaire offers her a wild proposal—a sexy, scandalous and irresistible affair!

Nate's outrageous proposition was supposed to stay only paper-thin; it was merely a ploy to distract the tabloids from another, all-too-real scandal. But neither he nor Payton expected such a very public affair to prove so very hot in private…

Or to have such lasting consequences….

For more about Mira and her writing stop by her site at or find her on Facebook and Twitter.


  1. Niiiiice post, Mira! Have to say my favorite Chris Evans roll is actually in "The Losers" where he's wise- cracking, hot, and a little bit awkward.

    I think my current favorite bit of Man Candy is Daniel Craig, though I have yet to build a hero from him.

  2. Ooh Sasha, I love Daniel Craig. Definitely a great flavor. Have not seen the LOSERS, but I'll be adding it to my TBW list for sure! :-)

  3. And this is why I read your books. You make me laugh even your talking about flaming-hot lusty men. (Love the spandex clarification.)


  4. Lol, thanks Jo :-D Spandex clarification more of a public service than anything else!!

  5. Stunning Post Mira !! Chris Evans is definitely very very yummy !!

    But I can't forget Mr Johann Depp mmmmmmmmm now that is some very serious armcandy to me !

    All the best

  6. Nearly had heart failure when I saw this post!
    In the UK Chris Evans is a ginger television presenter who could NEVER be the Male on Monday. I much prefer your version - very handsome!

  7. Desere...Oh Mr. Depp is an old school favorite all the way back from his 21 Jumpstreet days! He's a guy who keeps getting better with age and is so versatile he goes with anything. Very nice!

    Susan, lol, I know! The "ginger" Chris kept contaminating my image searches! Was wondering who the heck that guy was. :-)