December naturally calls for a holiday story and so I snagged Thayne's The Cowboy's Christmas Miracle off my TBR.
- A strong heroine who has faced adversity but hasn't let it make her bitter - she's a hard worker and a good woman. Jenna's kindness and patience are definite virtues.
- A sexy, aspirational hero who is a bit grumpy at first but boy, when those kids win him over, he's irresistible.
- Speaking of kids - loved them. All of them. Even the sullen Hayden. I knew there had to be a scene where something changed for him and when it came I was wiping my eyes. Brilliant move for Christmas Eve.
- It made me hungry. Yummy food. I love books with food.
- Realistic dialogue. Sometimes it had me laughing out loud, but anyone who has raised a family will recognize certain conversations! :-)
- Fantastic sexual tension. Even though it was a sex-scene-free story, the ST was tight and breathless and believable.
- Take all those good things and wrap them up with a Christmas bow and I closed the back cover with a sigh, looked at my dh and said, "That was PERFECTION."
So what did you think? Have you read it? Do you read in the Special Edition line, or have you read any of Thayne's books before?
And now you can help me....
TACKLE THE TBR!
Come on back on January 27 to talk about CALLING THE SHOTS!
Donna's latest release is PROUD RANCHER, PRECIOUS BUNDLE, out in Australia and New Zealand in January, and coming to North America in February!