Nocturne Author Stephanie Draven blogs about some of her favourite paranormal creatures
Thanks for having me here at The Pink Heart Society.
Nymphs are my favorite paranormal creatures because they’re an embodiment of the best and worst traits of the female gender. Amplified. They aren’t undead, they aren’t furry, and they’re almost immortal. Yet, they’re intensely attached to the world in which we live, and I find that very appealing.
But would I want to be a nymph? I’m pretty satisfied with being a mortal woman, but there are days I wish I had super powers, so I thought I’d make a list of paranormal creatures I’d want to be:
1. The Sexy Siren: I did alright with the gents even before I married my own personal romance hero, but if I could sing a little tune and make Tom Welling do my bidding, I wouldn’t object.
2. The Cat Whisperer: I’m told that I’m good with cats. After all, I’ve trained one of my furbutts to shake paws and perform other tricks. But sometimes, those kitties demand attention and simply won’t listen when I tell them to get down. I’d like to know the magic word that will lull them back into a state of sleepy contentment so I can write.
3. The Time Shifter: Wouldn’t it be fantastic if I could magically add a few more hours to my day? Or perhaps make time stop for the rest of the world, while I delved into my to-do list!
4. The Domestic Witch: I want the power to clean my entire house with the twitch of my nose
5. The Weight Watchers Demon (Also known as the Chocolate Wraith): I’d treasure the ability to transform chocolate cake into a delicious zero calorie food with the flick of my wrist.
So there you have it. Any of those paranormal creatures appeal to you? If not, which are your favorites?
You can find out more about Stephanie Draven and her books on her website.