Saturday, July 31, 2010

Weekend Wind Down :: Favorite Movies


Tracy Wolff is winding down this weekend with her favorite movie...Good Will Hunting

Anyone who knows me knows that I love Matt Damon. I mean L.O.V.E. Matt Damon and have done so for about fourteen years—which means that I’ve seen every movie he’s ever made about a gazillion times. In fact, recently, I had a two-week long Matt Damon marathon (when I should have been writing)—including Invictus, Green Zone, The Bourne movies, Dogma, Syriana, The Legend of Bagger Vance, Courage Under Fire, Spirit, Ponyo and the Ocean’s Films (yes, I own them all, and more). And of course, no Matt Damon marathon would be complete without Good Will Hunting, the movie that I'm dedicating my weekend to...after all, it's research!

I first saw this movie when my oldest (who is now 13) was just a baby and I fell in love with it. From Robin Williams’ incredible portrayal of a psychology professor stagnating in his own life to Ben Affleck’s hilarious best friend character to Minnie Driver s the fun yet surprisingly deep love interest, I was hooked from the first minute the film popped on screen. And then, of course, there is Will Hunting.

If you’ve ever read any of my books, you know I’m a sucker for a tortured hero, one who sabotages himself over and over again because he just doesn’t believe he deserves to be happy. Add in the fact that Will is brilliant, under-achieving , gorgeous and dark and brooding, and my little heart can barely take the excitement. And when he finally gets it together in the end, finally decides that he does deserve to be happy and starts to take the steps to make that happen, I always get tears in my eyes.

Everything about this movie touches me, makes me think, makes me feel. It’s my go-to movie when I’m not sure what else to watch, and the only movie I make sure to watch at least once or twice a year. I give it an 8/10 for romance and a 10/10 for character development! This is a film I’ll be watching for many years to come.




You can catch up with Tracy and her latest releases at her website, www.tracywolff.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment