Friday, July 30, 2010

RWA Conference Updates

Kate Bridges ,Harequin Historical Author
I'm having fun here in Walt Disney World, enjoyed the Magic Kingdom electrical parade and fireworks 2 nights ago, and gabbing with all my cyberfriend authors that I get to meet in person. Celebrating the release of my latest historical, ALASKA BRIDE ON THE RUN.

Kate Hewitt, Harlequin Presents
I had a wonderful time at the Magic Kingdom yesterday, wilting in the heat but bring revived on Splash Mountain! It's also great to meet readers and writers, and of course I have to mention my latest Presents, COUNT TOUSSAINT'S BABY, out now!

Janette Kenny, Harlequin Presents
I thoroughly enjoyed visiting the Magic Kingdom with M&B authors and editors yesterday. But I'm Very glad that the majority of today's activities are indoors! I've found time to do a bit of editing, and signing copies of my latest Presents, Innocent in the Italian's Possession at the Literacy Signing last night.

Lynn Raye Harris, Harlequin Presents
I've been having so much fun at RWA! Unlike other intrepid authors, I have not visited the Magic Kingdom. As a native Southerner, my natural habitat in summer is inside in the air conditioning. It's hotter than blazes here, y'all! If it were January, however, I'd probably be out there too. :) Last night, I so enjoyed meeting readers at the Literacy Signing where I signed copies of my latest Presents, THE PRINCE'S ROYAL CONCUBINE! Right now, I'm typing this at the Mills & Boon Meet and Greet -- you wouldn't believe how many fabulous authors are here! I still feel like such a fan girl sometimes. :)

Elaine Golden, Harlequin Historical Undone author.
The conference this year is amazing. Last night was the Literacy Signing and there were so many talented and gracious authors there, eager to meet new people and talk about their stories. It was quite the crush, and one I hope to be able to sign at in the future. My Regency Historical, title TBD, is due to release early next year.

Elizabeth Rolls, Harlequin Historical Author, Rita Finalist
Here I am in Orlando after a somewhat lengthy trip from halfway across Australia. The Magic Kingdom was such a blast as we all released our inner Princesses, ending up with a Princess lunch in the Castle. I even rode Thunder Mountain - my first roller coaster ride since I lost my lunch on a fairground roller coaster thirty years ago . . .

The Literacy book signing was HUGE last night and Nora Roberts gave a brilliant keynote speech at lunch today. So looking forward to more.

Michelle Styles:
Yesterday was full on. Nora Roberts was brilliant at lunch. Carole Mortimer and others recieved thier plaque for over 100 books. Jessica Hart,and Kimberley Lang both won Reader's Choice awards. Ann Letherbridge won a Daphne for her debut Harlequin Historical. The pj party was great fun. I walked through 2 lobbies dressed in flowered pjs. Elizabeth Rolls wore her husband's 'the cat walked all over this t-shirt' t-shirt. It was so much fun. Among the people I met there was Sarah Wendell from Smart Bitches, and Kristie J who is a fellow North & South enthusiast. Today is workshops and the Harlequin party.

No comments:

Post a Comment