Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Industry Insider: Cover Model Kyli Knaack

This month's Industry Insider interview guest is the cover model from Donna Alward's Hired: The Italian's Bride - the gorgeous Kyli Knaack.  Welcome to the PHS, Kyli, and thanks for taking time out of your crazy schedule to answer a few questions!

How many book covers have you done?

This is the only cover I have done so far. I will be returning to New York soon, so hopefully I will get the opportunity to shoot more book covers.

What was your favourite part about being a model for this cover?

I enjoy trying new things. I had never been a model for the cover of a book before so I found it interesting. When I purchased the book at the store, the face on the cashier was priceless when she realized it was me. My friends and family (especially my mom...a big romance novel fan) got a kick out of seeing me on the cover too.

How much are you told about the character that you are supposed to be portraying beforehand?

I was only give a brief summary of the story. I knew that I was supposed to be the employee and Robert was my boss. I didn't get a chance to read the story until it came out several months later.

Can you describe a cover shoot for us?

For this particular shoot, I did my own hair and makeup. The clothes were provided for me. We were given a quick summary of the story and shown a general idea of what they wanted for the cover picture. We got dressed, took our places in the shot, and proceeded to pose. The look that they want is planned out; it's almost like a science.

After a shoot, how do you relax?

Modeling is a job, just like any other. After work, I like to hang out, eat mexican food, make jewelry, watch movies....the usual things.

How long does a cover shoot take? Is there a lot of waiting around?

The entire shoot took only about an hour. It's so well planned that I basically show up, get dressed, pose, and we're done. It was amazing....very organized, easy, and quick. Everyone was great!

We had your cover partner, Rob Nuzzie, guest with us a while back. Now we’re dying to know…what was he like to work with???? ;-)

Robert was very nice and so easy to work with. He made me feel very comfortable. He has done many covers and so he knew the routine and was really helpful to me. I would love to work with him again!

What are you up to now?

I am planning to move to New York in the next few months in order to be closer to the modeling "action". In the meantime, I am working and making jewelry as well. Please check out my modeling and jewelry sites below!

Do you have a site or blog where we can check out more of your work?

You can see more of me at and

My jewelry site is

No comments:

Post a Comment