Saturday, December 05, 2009

Wildcard Weekend - Lyn Cote


This weekend have a visit with Love Inspired author Lyn Cote and find out about her Holiday book hitting the shelves next week!

My Christmas release debuts Tuesday December 8th! Her Patchwork Family, my Love Inspired Historical, is my second December book.


I do love to write about holidays in my romances. Holidays are evocative occasions. Of course not all holidays evoke memories and emotion. I have never really gotten jazzed about Arbor Day or President's Day.  But Valentine's Day, Easter Sunday, May Day (when my kids were little and we made May baskets to hang on our neighbors' door knobs!), Fourth of July ( I LUV FIREWORKS!), Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve-- YES! Christmas and then New Year's Day make up the grand finale of my latest romance.

Her Patchwork Family is the second in my Gabriel Sisters series. Each one is being released in December 2008-2010. My heroine is Felicity Gabriel. And here's more about her story:

"Christmas is for Families…And Felicity Gabriel intends to build a family right away! When she inherits a mansion in Illinois in 1867, she decides to turn it into a home for orphans. But her first charges test her resolve. One child is a thief, suspicious of her kindness. The other is the local judge's traumatized daughter. Broken by war, Judge Tyrone Hawkins is devastated when his little girl runs from him to Felicity. But Felicity's courage despite the town's scorn for her orphanage and her caring way with his daughter restore his lost faith. Now he wonders if they all can find the family they seek…just in time for Christmas."  

I loved writing this story and since it's perfect for gift-giving, Iwill be passing it out several to friends and relatives. If you'd like a chance to win a signed copy, drop by my blog .  Leave a comment and you'll be eligible for weekly drawings in December 2009. One winner per week.

I'm sure that if I asked, everyone could give me a holiday memory, some sad and some happy. Why don't you share a memory? A happy memory or meaningful one or a silly one. How about embarrassing???






Lyn's holiday release is Her Patchwork Family.  Pick it up starting Dec. 8 and visit Lyn at her site:  www.booksbylyncote.com

1 comment:

  1. Is anybody there? Is everybody but me out Christmas shopping!

    ReplyDelete