Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Travel Tuesday: Gaylord Opryland Hotel

Love Inspired author Terri Reed gives a sneak peak at the hotel where the 2010 RWA National Conference will be held. Michelle Styles was very excited to see the pictures as she is planning on going. Who else will be there?

Hi, Love Inspired Author Terri Reed here. This past November I traveled to Nashville Tennessee to stay at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel, the site for this summer’s RWA National Conference and 30 Year Anniversary Celebration. While I was there the hotel was decorated for Christmas and preparing for a month long holiday celebration with live music shows and other fun activities. Since Christmas is just days away I thought I’d share these photos with you (these were taken with my iPhone).

This is the inside the hotel.
I love this stair case.

This is inside the court yard looking over one of the restaurants. You can see the balconies to the guest room in the background.

I love this gazebo. One of the days we were there, they had a wedding set up here.

This is the river that runs through one of the garden areas. Off to the left is a rotating bar.

There are numerous waterfalls throughout the gardens and many little benches where one can sit to enjoy the ambiance of the hotel.

I think having RWA’s 30 Year Anniversary Celebration Conference in such a beautiful and peaceful setting was a brilliant idea. I hope to see you all there!

You can read more about Terri Reed's novels at the blog she shares with other Christain suspense writer.


  1. I stayed at the Gaylord Opryland once for a trade show. The gardens are wonderful. I got particularly attached to one fabulous tree fern... I can't wait to go there again this year.

  2. Wow it looks fabulous.... Am sooo jealous of all those who are going.

  3. Gorgeous! What a wonderful choice for romance :)