Monday, October 26, 2009

Male On Monday - Chris Meloni

Presents author Kimberly Lang is back with her current crush - Chris Meloni.

Best known as a sociopathic killer on the gritty disturbing prison drama Oz and a sex-crimes detective with a receding hairline and the un-sexy name of Elliot Stabler (at the same time, mind you)...

And yet he still managed to capture me with those blue eyes.

What is it about Chris Meloni? Is it the drool-worthy biceps? The piercing stare? The bad-boy you can just see under those suits he wears on Law and Order: SVU?

People magazine featured him in their 2006 “Sexiest Men Alive” issue, and I have to agree. Whew.

Meloni’s work on SVU has earned him both Emmy and PRISM nominations, and his time on Oz made him a gay icon, but Meloni’s acting roots are in comedy – something he still occasionally dips into with appearances in Scrubs, the Harold and Kumar movies, and the lead in the upcoming National Lampoon’s Dirty Movie.
He has an intensity that draws me in, but then he smiles and I’m totally captivated by that. He has that rough-around-the-edges vibe that makes a girl think he’d be just a little dangerous to fall in love with, but at the same time, he seems solid and trustworthy and Alpha-enough to guard you with his life (and take down the bad guy at the same time). The man has layers. Layers I’d like to peel back and explore… ahem.

In case I haven’t made it clear, I’m currently crushing on Chris Meloni.


Kimberly’s also crushing on Will Harrison, the hero of The Millionaire’s Misbehaving Mistress (Harlequin Presents, October), as well as the model on the cover…


  1. I discovered SVU in February 2007 when I had foot surgery and was required to spent two weeks off my feet. I never saw Meloni in Oz, but I love him as Elliot Stabler. His character is so passionate about his work and I find that passion very sexy.

    Nice choice. Very nice choice.

  2. Hoo yeah! He's divine. I love the chemistry between Elliot and Olivia in SVU, in fact, I love everything about that show.And I agree, he has that dangerous edge, but also seems very protective, the kinda man you can rely on.
    I've modelled my rancher hero in an upcoming book on Chris Meloni. :-)