Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The Trouble With Tuesday...

Travelling Tuesday...Temptation Tuesday...and then there is the Temptation of Travelling. Pink Heart Society editor Jenna Bayley-Burke is ready for a tempting getaway...


I need a fresh start, a blank page, a clean house. Well, two out of three at least. After months of prepping a house to sell, selling our home, searching for a new place, dealing with the debacle of housing inspections (I HATE mold), and negotiating prices...we're finally set to move. It's all been so exhausting, I need a vacation!

Many of our stories begin this way - a character pushed to the brink of their personal sanity and politeness delving into a new start. A new town, a new job, or a return to someplace familiar with a new attitude.



After so much work (and no writing, just physical labor, blech) I need a vacation. But with so much to do to get a home set up and comfortable for the family before school starts, I think I'll have to settle for escaping a chapter at a time. I forsee a slew of sheikh books in my future...

Since I'm packing up my worldly possessions (I've held back 8 books, one for each day we'll be addressless) I have packing on the brain. And since it's Tuesday, when we turn our minds to travelling and temptation...





WHAT IS THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS THING YOU'VE BEEN TEMPTED TO PACK FOR A VACATION?


My husband is thinking 8 paperbacks is a bit extreme...I'm thinking if he'd sprung for the ebook reader he wouldn't know the entire library I'd have at my disposal...bwa-ha-ha-ha!


Jenna is not writing much of anything, and won't be for a few months. In the meantime, Compromising Positions is available with chocolate, Kama Sutra yoga, a decade old crush and a steady addiction to sugar. To find out what Jenna is up to now...check out her website or blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment