Thursday, July 09, 2009

Thursday 13 :: How Disney Messed Me UP!

Life is FAR too serious for me at the moment, so I thought I'd do something fun. I've found a strong correlation between romance readers and fairy tale fanatics. And who gave us our first dose of happily ever after? Disney!

13 Ways Disney Skewed (or skewered) my reality...

  1. The Princesses :: I've never managed a luscious 'do without flyaways.

  2. The Princesses part deux :: No one can manage those waist proportions and breathe.

  3. Beauty and the Beast :: The bookish girl gets the prince

  4. Beauty and the Beast part deux :: If you love him enough, he'll change from a horrid beast into a prince.

  5. Robin Hood :: "He's as handsome as in his reward poster." Of course a felon must have a good reason for his larceny.

  6. The Little Mermaid :: Give up what you love most, and when he loves you enough you'll get it back.

  7. Sleeping Beauty :: If you wait long enough, your prince will come to you, no matter the walls you put up.

  8. Cinderella :: He'll figure out from your shoes.

  9. Aristocats :: He can save you

  10. 101 Dalmations :: He can save you and your children

  11. Pocohantas :: He needs you, even when he thinks he doesn't

  12. Mulan :: You can be anything you want, as long as no one knows who you are

  13. Peter Pan :: Sometimes, even magic can't turn his head's a good thing my grandma had all those romance novels. Romance sets the bar MUCH higher for its heroes.

Jenna is not writing much of anything, and won't be for a few months. In the meantime, Compromising Positions is available with chocolate, Kama Sutra yoga, a decade old crush and a steady addiction to sugar. To find out what Jenna is up to now...check out her website or blog.


  1. Lol, great topic!

    Hope life gets less serious and you get to have more fun!

  2. Number 3... If only! Great T13!

  3. Oh yeah, I loved those older fantasy story that Disney retold. And yes they screwed me up too.

    Happy TT.

  4. Love it.
    And of course there is Snow White -- whistle while you work and all sorts of happy woodland creatures will do the cleaning.

  5. Great TT. I always manage to have those flyaways too. :)

    I wish I had some of those woodland creatures to help me with the housework!

  6. LMAO!!! OMG That is SO TRUE! I love this. I need to pin this up on my wall.

  7. Yes! Thank God for Gram and her romance novels! I love it!

  8. LOL! I so love Disney movies!


    My TT is at

  9. HA! I love every single one... I still love my Disney though. I still know every song from The Little Mermaid...