Monday, June 08, 2009

Male On Monday - Tennis Anyone?

In honor of the French Open, the Pink Heart Society is dedicating the day to sexy tennis players!

We love athletes. I'm not sure if it is the intensity, dedication, the thrill or victory...what am I saying? It's Male on Monday, which means it's likely about the toned physique!

Swiss tennis player Roger Federer's performance at the French Open inspired me to wonder just how many handsome tennis stars are there?

American Andy Roddick immediately came to mind for obvious reasons, plus he's the top-ranked player in the U.S. He always seems to be giving the press a good story, whether it be dating Mandy Moore or when he flipped through the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition and used it as his own personal dating service. He had his angent get in touch with the model he was interested in...and married her two months ago. There's a story in there somewhere...

I'm sure that Dmitry Tursunov is a household name in Russia. Dedicated to the sport since he was 12, he left the country to train abroad. He's suffered some major injuries over the course of his career, but has always rebounded well.


Now that I'm thinking about it, tennis provides an international smorgasbord of lovely men. Sexy Spanish champion Rafael Nadal makes the sport very easy to watch.

Sometimes it's not such a tragedy when the hubster wants to spend the weekend watching sports...



Jenna is happily looking for houses where the HOA maintains a tennis court. It keeps her from thinking about what her editor might think of her next title for Mills & Boon Modern Heat. In the meantime, Compromising Positions is available with chocolate, Kama Sutra yoga, a decade old crush and a steady addiction to sugar. To find out what Jenna is up to now...check out her website or blog.

2 comments:

  1. Totally with you Jenna! In fact the book I've got coming out in July has a deliciously sexy tennis scene between the h&h! Nadal does it for me. Did you see the film Wimbledon with Kirsten Dunst? Further proof that tennis is v.sexy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sabrina I have that movie and love it. I love Paul Bettany anyway and his inner voice just cracks me up. When he says "Shut up, shut up you silly ponce" I crack up. There are some great moments in that movie.

    Dmitry kind of rings my bell, actually.

    ReplyDelete