Monday, June 29, 2009

Male on Monday - Michael Weatherly




Fiona Harper investigates the hit TV show NCIS and lingers a little on one of the stars for this week’s Male on Monday.



I’m an addict. There. I’ve said it. I just can’t live without watching NCIS. The award-winning TV show about the American naval crime investigation service was originally a spin-off from naval legal show JAG and, although I missed the first few seasons when it aired in the UK, it has quickly become one of my favourite shows.

I love NCIS for the characters: strong and silent Gibbs (who could merit a Male on Monday post of his own), gothic Abby, quirky Mossad assassin Ziva and computer geek McGee, but the eye-candy on this show is definitely Michael Weatherly, who plays agent Tony DiNozzo.

Now, I’m not normally one to see the attraction of bad boys, but Special Agent DiNozzo is just delicious. He’s naughty but loyal to this team, immature but charming, and the series where he went undercover and fell in love (for the first time) with the daughter of the arms dealer he was trying to get close to was full of wonderful heart-breaking moments that really added depth and vulnerability to the character.

If you believe reports on the web, the actor Michael Weatherly’s bio reads a bit like a novel. His father is a billionaire who made his money importing Swiss Army knives, but Michael's family weren’t pleased with his decision to drop his university studies and pursue music and acting and word has it that his inheritance was cut off.

His big career break was playing as Logan in the popular TV show Dark Angel. He actually dated and became engaged to his co-star Jessica Alba, but their relationship ended in 2003. Thankfully, the show’s producer cast Michael as Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo and the rest, as they say, is history – or at least, very good television. So, if you like your heroes with a few flaws and a cheeky charmer personality, check out the show. You won’t be disappointed.



I'll just leave you with a little bit of true Tony DiNozzo magic:







Watch out for Fiona's September release, Invitation To The Boss's Ball from Harlequin Romance.

In this modern-day Cinderella story, plain Alice's world is turned upside down when she's askes to organise tycoon Cameron Hunter's charity ball...








4 comments:

  1. Isn't he divine? I watch this show in repeats just to see this eye candy. Delicious!

    Thanks!
    LindaC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Tony. As sad as I was to see Gibbs leave for those few weeks, I LOVED how Tony's character stepped up to the plate and showed his leadership qualities - and the man beneath the flippant charm. He was mesmerizing. I miss that Tony.

    But I sure do love Gibbs.

    I can't wait for the NCIS LA show to start - 2 of my fave shows were cancelled at the end of last season and I really enjoyed the tie in episodes they did. And Chris O'Donnell is HAWT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never ever watched this show... I thought it was another of those CSI spin-offs which frankly make me want to hurl... But now I've enjoyed your little taster session Fiona I will definitely be checking it - and Mr Weatherly - and his abs - out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. NCIS is one of my favourite shows. And altho I have a real thing for Gibbs, I sure do like Tony, too. Enjoyed the episode where he and Ziva had to go undercover as a married couple while doing surveillance from a hotel room. Wow!

    ReplyDelete