Saturday, May 23, 2009

Wild Card Weekend - Beach Reads!!

It's that time of year when we pack up our lives and spend most of the day outside. Some of us are at the beach, some of us are searching for shade while our kids are at flag football. Still, we need something to read...

I wish I were always lucky enough to spend my summers under a beach umbrella, listening to the waves, a frosty margarita that never seems to empty in my hand...but since I'm more likely to find myself under a picnic shelter, listening to muggles play, a sippy cup in one hand and water-filled sport bottles at my feet. So, I REALLY need an escapist book to make my summer complete.

I have lots planned. In addition to selling my house and moving to a place where my office will be separate from my bedroom and I'll be able to open my oven and my refrigerator at the same time...I'm planning on heading to Martha's Vinyard withTrish Wylie for One Night with the Rebel Billionaire. What summer is complete without a brief foray to Greece? Annie West 's The Greek's Convenient Mistress should fit the bill. I may extend my stay with Marie Donovan's My Sexy Greek Summer...

You can see where I'm going with this...we're all busy, deadlined, trying our best to keep all the balls in the air so we seem to be in perfect control of the inner chaos. But summer gives us a great oppportunity to break away and indulge in a moment for just ourselves. Whether it's a desert prince, a Greek tycoon, Sicilian millionaire, or a cowboy in need of taming, there is something about disappearing into a romance novel that charges us emotionally, the way the sun can envigorate us physically. Go on, pack a book on your summer jaunts. You know you want to.

**What will you be reading this summer?**

Jenna is hard at work on getting her house ready to sell - it keeps her from thinking about what her editor might think of her next title for Mills & Boon Modern Heat. In the meantime, Compromising Positions is available with chocolate, Kama Sutra yoga, a decade old crush and a steady addiction to sugar. To find out what Jenna is up to now...check out her website or blog.


  1. One I am looking forward to out this Tuesday is ONE RECKLESS SUMMER by Toni Blake. Happy reading!

  2. I am planning on reading out of my tbr a lot - top of the list is The Guernsey Potato Peel Pie and Literary Society and finishing off the Julianne MacLean regencies on my tbr shelf...

  3. Oh, Regencies are the best for escapist reads.