Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

For the last couple of years, Pink Heart Society founder Trish Wylie has treated us with a special St. Patrick's Day post. This year her fingers are busy writing her next story for us all to enjoy, so let's answer the question...

What's Under Your Rainbow?

Legend has it leprechauns are very rich. They get a thrill out of causing mischeif on St. Patrick's Day. So much so my son's kindergarten class dedicates the whole week to building traps to catch one. He's sure his Eggo box turned rock wall will snag Luck the Leprechaun.

What will he ask Lucky for once he looks him in the eye? Quarters. Quarters are his currency of choice, they work well in gumball machines.

My older son wins staring contests, always at the ready for a sneaky leprechaun. He plans on asking for gold, which he will spend on a Nintendo DS.

Everyone's pot of gold is different. I might be tempted to ask for the secret to getting a baby to sleep through the night. Or maybe I'd go my eldest son's route and ask for gold to buy a house where I could have my own office. I'd get much more done with a door that locked, or at least closed...

So...on this day where the leprechauns come out to play...what's in your pot of gold?

Jenna is hard at work on her next title for Mills & Boon Modern Heat. In the meantime, Par For The Course is out, with car sex, an interesting approach to learning to golf, and a love story hazardous to your hankie supply. Oh, plus exploding toads… Check out Jenna’s website, or blog.


  1. Sleep.

    And an extra 2 hours built into every day so I can get more accomplished.

    Or perhaps I need Hermione's time bending thing from Harry Potter, so I can hit my deadline and still manage to make doctor appointments, drop off my tax stuff and take my eldest shopping like she's nagging for me to do.

  2. Ah, the DS Lite :o) Watch out for Professor Leyton. (My lot - including DH - are driving me bananas. "But you're the one who's good at logic problems." Yes, but I can't do shapes on a pinboard...)

    I'd like to share the Timeturner thingy with Donna, please... Failing that, gianduja. (I will have more to say on that subject next week.)

  3. Can I have Pierce Brosnan please?

    Gift-wrapped, of course.

  4. My pot would have more vacations. :)Nice topic for the occasion.

    Best Wishes,

    Natalie Acres

  5. I would agree with Donna, more sleep or least more hours of "free time"