Saturday, January 17, 2009

Wild Card Weekend :: HBO!

Pink Heart Society editor Jenna Bayley-Burke is wondering what the international equivalent of HBO is?

While I was pregnant I asked for high speed internet - Hubba Bubba has a wee issue telling me no while I'm preggers...anyway, the internet came as a package - phone, internet, ultra cable!

We hadn't had any premium channels since we had kids. Who has time to watch movies and such while a small person wants to play Candy Land? Not us...until HBO showed up on our TV.

Because I've been media challenged since diving into parenthood, every movie is new to me. Just yesterday I caught I Think I Love My Wife and Because I Said So - two movies I would have loved to see at the theater, but since I go to the movies once a year...

I've laughed until my stomach was sore at the HBO comedy specials - Chris Rock, George Carlin, Ricky's been hilarious! Plus, season 4 of Sex and the City is available On Demand. It doesn't get much better, TV-wise.

This doesn't have much to do with writing...except I can use some of the movies as 'research' and 'character study'...not sure how I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry will play into that, but I digress... and TV is a great procrastination technique...

Everyone can join in my new HBO obsession - they're flipping the switch and making it free in honor of the inauguration! I think everyone will have access on Monday & Tuesday.

Jenna is hard at work on her next title for Mills & Boon Modern Heat. In the meantime, Her Cinderella Complex is available with a millionaire, secretary, engagement of convenience, private island, and a hot pool scene. To find out what Jenna is up to now...check out her website or blog.


  1. Oh Jenna, sadly it won't be free here in blighty (especially as we don't even get that channel on our cable network), but I do love a lot of the HBO series. Enjoyed The Sopranos and absolutely believe that The Wire may be the best TV show ever made.

    Me and my DH are currently watching the fourth series (missed all the others somehow) and are completely gripped - it's not like watching a drama, more like living in someone else's life for a while (on the mean streets of Baltimore). Moving, disturbing, and utterly gripping.

  2. No! BSG is the best! It's THE WIRE in SPACE!

    Sorry, I know I totally jacked that with BSG, but season 4.5 did start last night and I'm still flying high.

    HBO. Love it. I have John Adams taped on my dvr and love Californication which we watch on demand. HBO comes out with some really cool stuff.

  3. HBO - didn't they make "Everybody Loves Raymond"? (Love that series. And "Two and a Half Men" - both series were shown on Paramount here.) (And, um, yeah, we have the box set DVDs. Such sharp writing. Love it.)