Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Temptation Tuesday - Politics Aside



This Tuesday Carol Marinelli joins us with a non-partisan bit of a squeefest - about the USA's new president!


How sexy is Barack Obama!?

I have debated this point with many – some agree, some don’t, some say he’s charismatic, yes, but sexy, no. Some think he’s awful, some couldn’t care less...

Well, it’s Temptation Tuesday and it’s up to you to decide what tickles your fancy but I find him incredibly so.

Given it is my job to try to work out what makes a man sexy (woe is me!!!!) I’ll let you in on my thought process and share a few images that may inspire!!!!!!!

Looks - tick

Voice - tick

Soles of shoes worn from walking - tick

I do have a little thing about his hands – I like sexy, slim fingered, neat nailed hands with just a little flash of a watch – and I have to congratulate him because his are *very* nice.

I don’t usually like tears from a man – except in exceptional circumstances around chapter 10, and even then I hesitate before my hero sheds one – but I have to say, my heroes may shed a few more in future.

Then there was that bit in his speech, when he said – “I will listen to you Carol, especially when we disagree... “(At least, I think that’s what he said!)well, it had me swooning.

Yes all of these things make him sexy.



But to me what makes him really sexy – is how much he loves his wife – sigh..



To me Barack Obama is like the hero in the Epilogue of a Presents – beautiful, rich powerful and proud to declare his wife as the love of his life. Add their two beautiful children and...., oh, pass me the puppies, I mean tissues.


Okay – if I was being picky, if he were my hero, I would give him a protein shake each morning and broaden him just a touch and perhaps I’d ask him to keep his suit on....


But pretty tempting I’d say.


Carol has two linked Christmas books out - for Modern/Presents and Medical Romance. Post your comment here to go into the draw to win a signed copy of both Hired: the Italian’s Convenient Mistress and One Magical Christmas – she is also blogging about them at www.iheartpresents.com/

27 comments:

  1. Oh, I wholeheartedly agree about his sexiness. I love his voice. And it is great how much he loves his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Carol. A girl after my own heart. But hang on - keep his suit on? Bugger that.
    Is that pic of him in the chopper sexy or what???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, okay - its not a chopper, it's a limo or some sort of car but still....somebody get me some water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. l will say netural. Depends on the angle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yeah, the added appeal is how he is a family man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On a scale of 1 to ten he will rate a 7

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a bit of a Bond photo isn't it - I think it's a limo. I was looking at a picture of him in the surf when I said about keeping his suit on! And Carol's right, the family man bit is (for me) the clincher x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup, Carol, I agree. Love a man who so openly shows his love for his wife and kids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, Carol!!! You are most definitely a kindred spirit!

    Love,
    Mags xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. 7's good LJ!
    Do you have a ten?
    I don't - I have lot's of nines but am saving top spot! Carter in ER was a nine for me, Jude Law, David Beckahm... I could go on - so many nines...

    ReplyDelete
  11. He definitely has a great voice and I do like his devotion for his family. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yea he definitely has ssey written on him good pick

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh he can sure pull off a shades look. And such a devoted husband too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will say sometimes, but not in an outright way. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Carol and everyone as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will rate him a 10 any day. Seasons Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  16. Barack is good-looking, intelligent, thoughtful, kind-hearted and, best of all, he has a delightful sense of humor. But if we're looking for a truly sexy guy... mmm mmm mmm, Carol, what about that hunk on the cover of your Christmas Modern???

    ReplyDelete
  17. not so much sexy but he is very handsome and striking. I like his voice also.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous, inside and out. He definitely gets my vote - and I don't think I've ever said that about a US Pres before... In fact, I know I haven't.

    And actually, suit off will do for me too. After all it is Christmas right! Isn't that the season for guilty pleasures?

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good looking yes, not very sexy though. Great Speaker.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes, He will get my vote on that (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm not ashamed to say I have a teeny crush on my next President :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. He does look great in a suit. He keeps in shape by playing basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi all - sorry for the delay but I have been on Christmas Break.
    Gina! Send me your details to
    carolmm550AThotmailDOTcom (but change the at and dot :-) and I will send you the signed books.
    Happy New Year to one and all
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete