Monday, December 22, 2008

Male On Monday - Dear Santa...


This Monday at The Pink Heart Society, as we get close to the end of another year of fabulous starts to the week, our very own Trish Wylie looks towards Thursday, and what she would love to find underneath her Christmas Tree...


Dear Santa...

It's been a while since I wrote to you. Okay it's been a very, very long while since I wrote to you. Forgive me? I know I'm leaving this a tad late and all, but hey - we both know all about deadlines. The way I see it... your deadline is the 24th. That makes this letter the first deadline I've been early for in...

Anyway.

I'm guessing you're a romantic kind of a guy at heart. How long did you say you and Mrs. Claus had been together? Wow. See now that's romantic. We all need a little romance in our lives, don't we? And Christmas. Well. There's only one other time of the year as romantic, wouldn't you agree? No Santa - not the day you get back to Mrs. Claus after making all those deliveries. There's another day. Trust me - there is. It's not that long after Christmas really. You'll be busy re-stocking for next year at that point, obviously. You're a man who thinks ahead. And that's kinda where I'm going with this letter. I'm thinking ahead.

This letter's not just for me you see. It's for my muse too. She's had a rough year, so when I started thinking about what I'd like to find under my tree this Christmas, I thought of her too. Then I sat her down in her nice comfy chair with a glass of wine and we had a chat about how I can help her out in 2009.

She mentioned things like leaving the house more often, more wine, a larger supply of chocolate; the usual list of demands - sorry - requests. After a second glass of wine we got down to the nitty gritty. And she said what would really help her with her job was regular doses of inspiration.

I pointed out that's what The Pink Heart Society has Male on Monday for...

She snorted gracefully and mumbled something that sounded like 'Yeah, right. That's what it's for.'

After another glass of wine she mentioned something about visual stimulation. I asked as in getting out of the house more? She said, well that helps but she was thinking more visual than that. She's all about the pretty that muse of mine. She then nudged me and winked. And I went ahhhh... now I getcha... I said, but that's what The Pink Heart Society has-

She scowled at me at this point.

Another glass of wine and I'm starting to appreciate her point of view more. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way either. Now don't get me wrong, I know there's more to it than window dressing. But in the business my muse and I are in, the window dressing - like dressing a store-front at Christmas time - is all about getting the customer to step inside and browse the...erm... goods on offer.

I could probably phrase that better but you get the gist.

So for Christmas this year I'm writing to you to ask for a little Male On Monday type inspiration. Naturally I have a personal wish list, but I'm sure you know me well enough by now to know who is on there - oh, and as to whether they fall on the naughty or nice list... I leave it to your discretion. Again - you know me pretty well. And I know how busy you are, so if you don't have time to gift wrap...

A bow will suffice.

Unlike many Christmas presents, I can promise this gift won't be forgotten by Boxing Day. It'll be much appreciated and loved come February too ;) And it's not just decorative, it's a practical gift too. One I - I mean we, as in my muse and I - can get a great deal of... use... out of...

So that's my Christmas wish Dear Santa. If the gift could be six feet tall or over, with great hair and mischievous twinkly eyes and a great sense of humour and... I'm pushing my luck? Well I'll leave it with you then. I should ask my friends too? Oh, okay, that's a great idea! I'll see what they can come up with. It's all for a good cause after all...

H's & K's
Trish


So. New page.

Dear PHS friends,

I'm not writing for me this Christmas, it's for my muse you see...

Trish's latest release is for the Presents line. His Mistress, His Terms is out right now and the linked book, featuring the infamous Gabe in Claimed By The Rogue Billionaire, will be out in January and is available online right now!

To find out more about Trish and her books you can visit her
Website or her Blog.

Can anyone help Trish and her muse with some Male On Monday type inspiration this Christmas?

3 comments:

  1. Trish

    I have mentioned Edward Norton -- the new face of Breil Milano watches?
    What about David Morrisey? Rupert Perry-Jones?
    Mads Mikkelson? Jason Issacs?

    But really hear's hoping 2009 brings wonderful inspiration for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clive Owen, Raoul Bova, and of course Hugh Jackman

    ReplyDelete