Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday 13

The Pink Heart Society is missing a post instead we're shining a light on 13 fun things for category romance lovers to do online!

  1. eHarlequin Online Reads - FREE short stories written by your favorite authors. Sometimes they're bonus reading material for your favorite stories, like this month's selection Lightning Strikes by Tracy Wolff. It's a preamble of sorts for her November release, A Christmas Wedding .

  2. The 100,000 Book Challenge at eHarlequin. It was a HUGE goal, and 24,761 have been added so far. If you haven't joined, you should consider it even if you'll only add a book or two. For every book read, Harlequin will donate a book to the National Center for Family Literacy to benefit their literacy programs. It's also a great place to find what people are saying about books you're reading.

  3. Check out NaNoWriMo is you've ever thought about writing a book...yes, I am riding that horse two days in a row.

  4. NaNoWriMo 2008 Sign-Ups at eHarlequin! In the same vein as NaNoWriMo but tailored to romance lovers. I led the program the first two years it ran, so I'm particularly fond of it.

  5. Cheer on some of your Pink Heart Society favorites as they NaNoWriMo - Natalie Anderson, Liz Fielding, Kimberly Lang

  6. Congratulate Lynn Rae Harris, Golden Heart nominee and Instant Seduction contest winner on making her first sale to Harlequin Presents! Her call story is coming soon to I Heart Presents.

  7. Congratulate Lucy Roberts on winning the Feel The Heat contest. I'm sure her call story is coming soon as well ;)

  8. While we're at it, surf over to I Heart Presents. They always have good stuff, especially about the ever travelling Jennie Lucas!

  9. Visit the Pink Heart Society editors online :: Donna Alward, Jenna Bayley-Burke, Ally Blake, Nicola Marsh, Natasha Oakley, Trish Wylie

  10. Mills & Boon updated their website. Have you checked it out?

  11. How long does it typically take you to read a Harlequin/Silhouette book? Answer the poll at Tell Harlequin, the reader panel website.

  12. Visit Thursday 13

  13. You tell us....where do you websurf to...after The Pink Heart Society of course ;)


  1. Hi Jenna

    Well, I have to admit I usually pop over to I Heart Presents and The Pink Heart Society most days after checking my emails, especially if I'm in prevarication mode, which, let's face it, is just about every day but other favoured haunts are The Writing Playground Blog co-run by new Modern Heat author Kim Lang or Trish Wylie's blog or Natalie Anderson's. And then I get lost in whatever they are all nattering about and I can usually stave off having to do any work for a good half an hour.

    Unfortunately today i'm working in an office doing film reviewing, so I can't stick around long. Bummer.

  2. Hey Jenna, my first stop The Pink Heart Society and then I Heart Presents. If I can sneak in another site while at work, Eharlequin.

  3. I once wrote a book in 10 days, but I've never done the NaNo thing. Don't know that I will this year, but I'll think about it. I've been in a slump lately.

  4. I did NaNo two years ago (and won), but it messed me up good. I'm still trying to fix that book, which was a sequel and therefore shouldn't be taking so long. It did teach me a valuable lesson, though -- if it ain't broke, don't fix it! I was born to write by the seat of my pants and edit as I go. Period

  5. I went to visit Tell Harlequin, but since I'm not American, apparently my opinions don't matter. :(

    Once again Australia gets treated like a backwater.