Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Temptation Tuesday - The Lure of the Dark


This Tuesday catch up with Nocturne author Vivi Anna as she reveals a bit of her dark side....

I love the dark. When I was younger I was a night-owl. I had a job working till late at night, eleven or twelve o’clock, and when I got off work that was when I really came alive. I would often stay up well into the morning, finally crawling into bed at 4 a.m. and sleeping until one or two in the afternoon. I loved how prowling around in the night made me feel. Dangerous and mysterious and hidden. I could be anyone at anytime. It was empowering.

Now that I’m older and circumstances have changed, I don’t work late at night. I have to get up in the morning and do what needs to be done. And now I’m asleep my eleven. I miss those late nights when the dark was so alive with adventure and possibilities and those that crept through the shadows. But now I get write about them.

I love to write about the creatures that lurk in the dark. Those beings that would haunt our nightmares, hide in the closets, or scratch at our windows on a full moon night. Oo, I get shivers just thinking about it. I enjoy writing about vampires, and werewolves, and witches. I love making them human like we are. With dreams and goals and regrets and love. Love that universal leveler. Even ghouls need love at some point in their lives.

Although I’m not one of the creatures prowling the night anymore, I still submerse myself in their worlds. I read books and watch shows about them. One of my favorites is Supernatural. Of course it doesn’t hurt in the least that Dean and Sam are soooooo sexy. I’m a Dean girl all the way. Although Sam has his moments, Dean is all about the bad boy delicious. Another show I’m loving True Blood on HBO. The show is based on Charlaine Harris’ Sookie Stackhouse books. And I love the dark flavor of the show.

The lure of the dark is powerful. It calls to me every night. But I have to decline because I’m not that young anymore and 7 a.m. comes too soon. So I’ll stick to my books and my shows and let the creatures of the night play without me.

At least for now…

Vivi's latest releases are a Nocturne BITE, Mahina's Storm, and the third in her Necropolis series, VEILED TRUTH.




No comments:

Post a Comment