The San Francisco Marriott sure is pretty. And it has that breathtaking view of downtown San Francisco. I grin just thinking of it how the city must look from 39 stories high.
Step outside and you have access to the Moscone Center, Union Square, Cable Cars...you can actually walk to AT&T Park, home of Major League Baseball's San Francisco Giants. It sounds perfect...though early internet reports have it less the ideal romance setting and more romantic comedy.
Louisa Edwards has been calling the front desk since her arrival - for the bad smell in her room, no hot water, no power...alas, it did all work itself out. And these things make for better story fodder. That's why we show up, right? To make our stories better?
San Francisco is the heart of the Silicon Valley...or is it? You have to pay for internet in your hotel room...and it isn't even wireless!
Perhaps next year the RWA board and negotiate internet into the hotel deal. It would make sense for those of us who spend way too much time online.
We've heard how the hotel is, which begs the question...how's the bar?
Check back here for posts on ::
- Wednesday night's Literacy Signing where over 500 authors autograph books for charity
- Saturday night's RITA and Golden Heart Awards Ceremony
- Workshop Round-up
- Book With Biddy National's Update
- Insiders thoughts on being a RITA nominee (and having to shop for a posh frock) from Heidi Rice
- The most delicious morsels of info from PHS founder Trish Wylie