Sunday, December 30, 2007

Weekend Wind Down :: Party Planning


It's almost here...the night where everyone takes a moment to celebrate the New Year. Some do it by getting dressed up and sashaying about town, others by cuddling on the couch and watching the world celebrate on television. Whether you are at one extreme or another, these cocktail recipes will be a sure hit - whether your party is for two or fifty-two...

Pink Champagne Cocktail

Servings: 6

Ingredients:

70g Raspberries
1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
1-2 drops rose water
1 tsp almond-flavoured liqueur, such as Amaretto
1 bottle of pink Champagne, chilled

Method:

1. Mash the raspberries well with a fork, stir in the mint and put a teaspoon of this mixture into the bottom of each glass.

2. Add the Rose Water and Amaretto, stir well and top up with the chilled champagne. Serve immediately.

With love from

Trish

Mulled Wine


Servings: 12

Ingredients:

2 bottles Red wine
150ml green ginger wine
150ml water
50g Sugar
1 small orange
3 tsp Cloves
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 a nutmeg

Method:

1. Pour the wine, ginger wine and water into a large saucepan. Add the sugar and mix in well.

2. Stud the orange with cloves and add to the wine with the cinnamon and nutmeg.

3. Heat gently for about 15 minutes without boiling. Serve the hot mulled wine in heat-resistant glasses.

With love from
Natasha


Long Island Iced Tea
Ingredients:
1 Part vodka
1 part tequila
1 part rum
1 part gin
1 part triple sec
1 1/2 parts sweet and sour mix
1 splash Coca-Cola

Method:

1. Mix ingredients together over ice in a glass. Pour into a shaker and give one brisk shake. Pour back into the glass and make sure there is a touch of fizz at the top. Garnish with lemon.

With love from
Ally

Sugar & Spice

Method:



(a 'mocktail' for all those wanting to bring in 2008 with a clear head :) )

1. Rim a heatproof Irish coffee glass with cinnamon sugar

2. Add 11/2 oz.of chocolate milk

3. 1 oz. of mint- flavoured syrup

4. a pinch EACH of powdered ginger and cinnamon

5. top with hot coffee( decaf if you prefer)

6. garnish with fresh whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon

With love from
Nicola


Orange Sherbet Punch

Fun version...

1 container of Orange Sherbet
1 two liter of Ginger Ale
1 bottle of Champagne

1. In a punch bowl pour the ginger ale and champagne. Add scoops of sherbet. Voila...

Or the when you are with children (born or unborn) version ...

1 container of Orange Sherbet
1 two liter of lemon lime soda

4 cups orange juice

1. In a punch bowl pour the soda a juice. Add scoops of sherbet. Presto...

With love from
Jenna

And to round off the year we have a few books for you to win in our last hamper* until our birthday next September:



Nicola Marsh - The wonderful Romance book Princess Australia

Natasha Oakley - 'Accepting The Boss's Proposal' and 'Mothers-To-Be' (a UK Mothers' Day anthology with novellas from Julia James, Natasha and Amy Andrews).

Trish Wylie - A copy each of her new 2008 releases, the Modern Heat book His Mistress: His Terms and the Harlequin Romance Her One And Only Valentine

Donna Alward - A large print copy of Hired By Cowboy her hard to find first release from 2007

Kate Walker - A copy of her wonderful Harlequin Presents book The Greek Tycoon's Unwilling Wife

Heidi Rice - Her fabulous second Modern Heat The Mile High Club (which Trish tells us is great read!)

Kate Hardy - the lovely Kate is donating her Medical book The Doctor's Very Special Christmas

Liz Fielding - the book nominated for a Romantic Times Reviewers Choice Award for 2007 The Secret Life Of Lady Gabriella (CONGRATULATIONS LIZ!)

Margaret McDonagh - a copy of the gorgeous Christmas Weddings anthology (which contains her Medical Romance story "Their Christmas Vows" along with a Modern story by Carole Mortimer and a Romance by Shirley Jump)

All you have to do is tell us what your ideal New Years Eve would be and the skies the limit so would it be Times Square or flying across the datelines or what??? You tell us...

*And from January on don't forget to visit regularly as we offer spot prizes throughout the month!

Wishing you all the best with your New Years celebrations!




The Pink Heart Society Gang

19 comments:

  1. We're doing what has become my favorite way to spend new year's eve. We're staying at home, along with friends and family, and we'll make lasagna, drink, and play poker until we all fall over.
    I just love the fact that I can drink myself silly with my inlaws. There will be cases of beer, raucous teasing, shouts of laughter, and flying poker chips. I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my idea new years eve would be
    to have my family at home with me
    safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to all the Pink Hearters.

    I shall celebrate with Nicola's non-alocholic drink, though they all look great!

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  4. My ideal New Year's eve would have to be in Chicago at the top of the Ritz Carlton hotel where I stayed at on my honeymoon. My husband and I would be eating chocolate covered strawberries while sipping a glass of champagne and sitting on the edge of the hot tub with our feet in the water bubbling around. Heaven! The hotel over looks the city so it is breathtaking looking out the window at all the twinkling lights below.

    This is my dream New Year's eve celebration. Just me and my hubby!

    Michele L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year, everyone!

    I'm cleaning up my act and staying off the booze this year. Lemon, Lime and Bitters, and iced black coffee.

    Geez I had to laugh at the Long Island Iced Tea - not a tea-leaf in sight!....

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. My children have all moved out so this year, I get to spend New Years Eve in front of the fire, sipping champagne, eating goodies, and bringing in the New Year with my Hubby. Alone at last. I can't think of a better way to bring in the New Year. Mads:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We like to celebrate new year at home with the family.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My ideal New Year would be... a dinner and party on top of the Tour Eiffel with all my family from all around the world (we are a big bunch, and I haven't seen them for so long) would be amazing… then a stay for 2 weeks in Paris, to let everyone relax (great way to begin the new year) and especially because I have never gone sight-seeing in Paris...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have any extravagant wishes for New Year's Eve... I would love to spend it home with my family, however, it would be great if we could have a promise of a good year ahead, not like the one that has ended...this year has not been a good year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I won the last hamper! and I think it is great to have regular giveaways with guest blogs for examples... it also encourages us to participate regularly!

    I would love to go to Lebanon for the New Year... and spend it with my grand-parents, that I have not seen for ages and who are not able to travel anymore! With work, studies and political instability, I have not been able to see them, so it would be the ideal New Year's eve!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The ulitmate New Years Eve would be a romantic trip to Italy, where romance, culture, beauty and culinary delights abound. This has been a wish that I hope one day to experience.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My ideal New Years Eve would take place on a Mediterranean cruise. Never have had this wonderful opportunity it would be like a dream come true. To explore the fascinating countries of Spain, Greece and Italy and revel in their uniqueness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. To go far away with my husband whose time is limited due to his work schedule. Having waited all my life for a trip of this magnitude it would have to be to visit England and France. This adventure would be memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even if the skies were the limit, I'd still celebrate New Year at home with my relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Himalayas, a little cottage in the middle of the forest. A huge roaring fire. Rum punch, with a hint of cinnamon. My best friends around me. Yeah, that's not too difficult. Wonder why I didn't do it this year! Happy New Year all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. For a wonderful New Years I would want to be far away in an entirely new locale. The atmosphere, climate and beauty would be unforgettable. Warmth, sunshine and sand would contrinute to the lovely setting. Tahiti.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My ideal New Years Eve is to be at home with the family safe and sound and a good book in my hand :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. New Years eve with my hubby on a Caribbean Cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  19. New Years in Hawaii with my husband at a luau.

    ReplyDelete