Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Diet Club Finale!!

Remember when we all jumped on the PHS Diet Club bandwagon back in January? The year is coming to an end. It's time to fess up to how you did, and whether you plan to continue this healthy journey into 2008. Joining us this month is gorgeous Presents author Jennie Lucas, here to share the things she's learned on her own weight loss journey.

The heroine of my first Harlequin Presents novel, The Greek Billionaire's Baby Revenge, has no trouble losing her pregnancy weight—Anna is so desperate to escape her baby's ruthless father that she runs away with their newborn! (Being chased around the world burns calories even quicker than a treadmill!)

But after I had my own second baby a year ago, losing the postbaby pounds wasn’t so easy. I hate diets, and since no billionaires were hunting me across the world with an army of bodyguards, I didn’t get much exercise either.

So instead, I found some simple diet tricks that helped me drop seventy pounds. Here are my Top 6 diet tricks:

1. Get on the scale every day before breakfast. Don’t take any particular number too seriously as weight can fluctuate, but stay aware of the trend.

2. Swap out the calories you won’t miss. Switch to the non-fat latte. Skip the butter and try sugar-free syrup on your waffle. You might not even notice the difference.

3. Be lazy. Brush your teeth right after dinner—you’ll nix that midnight snack, because who wants to brush again? And walk all the way to the bakery for a donut? It’s just not worth the trouble!

4. Read a good book. Lose yourself in something you’re passionate about. Laugh with your children. Seduce your man. Have so much fun you forget to eat.

5. Never, ever clean your plate. Only eat when you’re hungry, and stop before you’re full. The first few bites are always the best anyway.

6. Be picky. Don’t settle for two-day-old pizza if you’re craving a tangy souvlaki pita. Be stubborn: hold out for your gyro. Like a really great kiss, the longer you wait for it, the better it will be!

Just take a look at these results!! Congrats Jennie, on your hard work! With the PHS baby boom (number 3 due this May) we'll be living your tips!

Jennie’s first book, The Greek Billionaire’s Baby Revenge, is out this month in the U.S. Her second book, The Spaniard’s Defiant Virgin, is out this month Down Under! To see more of her weight-loss tips, along with photos, book excerpts and contests, please visit


  1. Let me just say, I've personally met Jennie and she's lovely in every way. However, don't miss her December release, it's a brilliant book, sexy and full of twists and turns!

  2. That's a fabulous diet achievement Jennie. Congrats, and congrats on your first book release. What a lovely way for you to end this year.

    Hugs from the other Jennie.

  3. Oh gosh, Marilyn, you're making me blush!! Thanks so much. It was great to meet you at Emerald City!

    And thanks for your nice words, Jennie. I'd still like to lose a few pounds. Mostly I need to get in better shape--my husband just ran a marathon, while I can barely slow-jog half a mile. (My arms, however, are in the best shape of my life from toting my kids around! *grin*) Big hugs--and thanks, sweetie!

  4. I've never seen Jennie looking anything other than radiant. No matter she weighs, she's gorgeous, inside and out :-).

  5. Hehe, thanks Terry! And check out my photo of *you* looking radiant when we were at Emerald City together last month: