Why I LOVE Writing For....Nocturne
When I first heard that Silhouette was starting a paranormal romance line I squealed. Yup, I actually squealed. I’m not in the habit of squealing, but I was very excited about the prospects for writing for this line. I immediately tracked down someone I knew that had sold and asked them tons of questions (thanks Michele Hauf!) then I set out to submit something spectacular to them. All that hard work paid off six weeks later with a contract. Woot!
Here is what they are looking for:
Nocturne is looking for stories that deliver a dark, very sexy read that will entertain readers and take them from everyday life to an atmospheric, complex, paranormal world filled with characters struggling with life and death issues. These stories will be fast-paced, action-packed and mission-oriented, with a strong level of sensuality. The hero is a key figure — powerful, mysterious and totally attractive to the heroine. In fact, both main characters are very powerful, and their conflict is based on this element. The author must be able to set up a unique existence for the characters, with its own set of rules and mythologies. We are looking for stories of vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves, psychic powers, etc. set in contemporary times.
Length: 70,000 – 75,000 words
Editorial Director: Tara Gavin
Associate Senior Editor: Ann Leslie Tuttle
Assistant Editor: Sean Mackiewicz
If you want to write a paranormal story with strong sexual, fantasy and danger elements, then please submit a query letter with a detailed synopsis and three chapters with a SASE large enough to hold the entirety of your work.
233 Broadway, Suite 1001
New York, New York 10279
I love this line!! And here is why…
My top ten reasons I love to write for Nocturne:
- My editor Tara Gavin, she rocks, enough said!
- To be part of something new and exciting.
- I get to fantasize and write about sexy dark heroes like Christian Bale as Caine Valorian in Blood Secrets, and Olivier Martinez as Jace Jericho in Dark Lies. And I have this lovely pic of Alex O’Loughlin from Moonlight for inspiration for my next hero.
- I get to create different worlds where vampires, werewolves and witches rule. Making stuff up is my favorite thing to do!
- My heroines get to be just as dark and tough as my heroes.
- I can write lots of action scenes, with car chases and blow stuff up.
- The awesome covers they are doing for the line. (insert my book covers)
- I get to be in the same line as amazing authors like Linda Howard, Caridad Pineiro, Michele Hauf, PC Cast and Lori Avocato (they have a series coming out soon) and up and coming authors like Lisa Renee Jones, Patrice Michelle, and Pamela Palmer.
- The freedom to create the stories I want to tell and the opportunity to grow and sharpen my storytelling skills.
- Hullo? It’s Harlequin. Who wouldn’t want to write for them? Tons of awesome authors got their start here and are still writing for the company.
For more, visit Vivi Anna's moody and fabulous website for more about her fabulous new books!