Life Beyond the Call...
· Hopefully this will change in September when my first book hits the shelves here in NZ and I can wander into the supermarket and see it - scary but super cool!
· The deadlines I used to give myself as motivation/inspiration have now solidified into R-E-A-L-I-T-Y and they're even tighter! I can't just 'forget about them'. To keep the panic at bay I have to work every single day.
· I spend my days wearing babyfood, running after four lovable little monkeys. I hardly get the chance to comb my hair and I couldn't tell you where my five year old lippy is. I'm lucky if I make to to the shower before - now where's the life of the glamourous author hmmmm?
· I've had to dust off the 'old computer' - the one that is NOT ATTACHED TO THE INTERNET. And I use this to write on, in the other room, through the door from my darling husband who is usually back in this room watching DVDs, drinking red wine, reading The Economist and keeping an ear on the baby monitor. When I hear exciting movie soundtrack music, I dash through to see what's happening...
· I'm terrified of stuffing up - of sending something in that'll make my Ed think - 'Why on earth did we give this one a chance??!!!' Ahhhh, doubts... just gotta learn to live with them....
· Everybody knows now. And everybody is super supportive.
· Everybody asks where I get the inspiration for the sizzle scenes from.
· Everybody asks what the money is like.
· I don't do any ironing. But then, I never did.
· And I'm still in shock. Don't anyone wake me from this great dream ok???!!!!!
Natalie will be joining us next week on the PHS Yahoo Loop when pretty much ALL of the Modern Extra Authors will be joining us as part of our Pink Heart Society Birthday Celebrations!!! To join the loop simply click on the Yahoo Group icon on our sidebar... We'll see you there!!!
Are you in to try and win tonnes of goodies with The PINK HEART SOCIETY TREASURE HUNT???
Today's Birthday Present for the Lil Pink Dancing Guy can be found at Kate Hardy's Blog...