I must have been a really good girl this year, mustn't I!!
But, having thought about it, I agree I'm the obvious choice for this difficult job of launching the second annual Hugh Jackman tour. I line the path each Christmas Eve with night lights so Father Christmas can find his way safely, put the same choir boy on the top of my tree each year and prefer old things to new because I know they’ve been loved. Tradition is my thing.
September at the Pink Heart Society will always need some little something about Hugh Jackman.
Shall we pause here for a corporate sigh??? He is really very gorgeous isn’t he!
And you obviously agree with us because last year, when we first featured the very sexy Hugh there was a massive outcry about the pictures we chose - 'I have a better one' you said. So we came back with a 'go on then' and invited you to post your favourite pictures on your own blogs and leave a link so we could all take a tour..
As traditions go that has to be a great one. So we thought we really ought to do it again!
Interestingly Trish, Ally and I have all tried to use him as hero inspiration this past year and eventually re-cast. For myself I reckon that’s because there is a ‘niceness’ about him which doesn’t translate into a fictional hero so well.
Anyone have any other theories?
To remind you all, Hugh Michael Jackman was born 12 October, 1968, in Sydney, Australia, to English parents. He’s a delightful 6ft 2½” (that’s 1.89m for those of you who work in metric) and has been married to Deborra-Lee Furness since 1996. Together they've adopted two children.
Sparing no effort I’ve found a few other snippets of information for you. This is such a hard job!
- While filming ‘Van Helsing’ in 2004 he accidentally broke an extra’s hand.
- His stunt double for ‘Van Helsing’ and ‘X-Men: The Last Stand’ was Richard Bradshaw who is his sister’s husband.
- He was listed as a potential nominee on the 2005 Razzie Award nominating ballot for his performance in ‘Van Helsing’.
- His favourite food is apparently sushi (which personally I dislike).
- Hugh designed his wife's engagement ring and their wedding rings hare inscribed "Om paramar mainamar". My Sanskrit is rusty but his wife translated it as "we dedicate our union to a greater source".
- He is near-sighted and has extremely blurry vision when he isn’t wearing his contacts. When he hosted the Tonys he memorised everything he had to say so that he wouldn’t need to struggle to read the autocue.
Speaking of the Tonys you might like to take a look at this:
- Hugh’s a non-smoker and hates to smoke in movies.
- He’s left-handed, although he often seen using his right.
- Dougray Scott was originally cast as Wolverine but ‘Mission Impossible II overran by two months.
- Favourite ‘curse word’ is apparently ‘bullshit’.
- He was nominated for Best Actor in a Musical for his role in Oklahoma at the National Theatre in London. And click here to hear why!
My absolute favourite ‘quote of note’ is:
“I’ve always felt that if you back down from a fear, the ghost of that fear never goes away. It diminishes people. So I’ve always said ‘yes’ to the thing I’m most scared about. The fear of letting myself down – of saying ‘no’ to something that I was afraid of and then sitting in my room later going, ‘I wish I’d had the guts to say this or that’ – that galvanises me more than anything.”
As a mum of five I’m also rather fond of:
“Becoming a father, I think it inevitably changes your perspective on life. I don’t get nearly enough sleep.”
I'm not so sure about Hugh with a beard though, are you?
So all of you with blogs it's time to join in and take us on a tour as part of our birthday celebrations!
Simply leave us a comment with a link and let us know you've added your favourite picture of Hugh to your blog, make sure to title your post PHS Hugh Jackman Tour 2007 and then we can all do the rounds and decide who has the best ...You can even come back and leave a comment here to tell us where your favourite one in the tour was!
And don't forget to pop by later in the month when Anne McAllister tells us The Legend Behind Hugh In A Towel ~ the tale of how one towel brought one actor to the attention of Category Romance Authors all over the world!
This July saw the start of a brand-new series - The Royal House of Niroli.
"The Mediterranean island of Niroli has prospered for centuries under the Fierezza men. But now, as the King’s health declines, and his 2 sons have been tragically killed, the crown is in jeopardy. Who will rule? "
The series is being released under the Presents branding. That's why you're finding an extra release to the normal eight on the shelves each month.
Happy Birthday Lil Pink Guy from your friends:
"I've been hooked on category romances since my teens. I've devoured sizzling, funny, suspenseful, sweet and passionate romances and loved them. Picking up my first category romance opened a whole new world for me and it's a place I still love to visit. Now I also have the privilege of writing romances and that world has taken on a whole new dimension. Thanks so much to everyone involved in setting up and participating in the Pink Heart Society. It's been a fabulous first year and it's such fun to share that appreciation of a great romance with so many other readers. Happy Birthday PHS. I can't wait to see what's on the schedule for the second year!" ~ Annie West