- Protect Your Archetypes - never question the moral integrity of your hero
- Choose Your Scenes Carefully; Every Scene Must Have a Purpose - have the bank robbery, not the news bulletin of it
- Always Keep The Stakes High - More must be at stake than love
- Conflict Must Progress - Always drive twoards the conclusion
- Entrances and Exits Should be Memorable - emotional and heartfelt, not doors closing or faqlling asleep
- Torture Your Characters; The Best Heroes and Heroines are Decisions Makers - create compelling characters and situations. The more trouble characters get into, trhe more they'll have to get out of.
- Use a Variety of Settings - places and activities. DO NOT have every scene be a meal.
- Play Against Expectations
STAGES OF CONFLICT
- teasing hints
- breadth and scope of challenge
- beginning of opinions changing
- glimpse of solution begins to appear
- solution seems more attainable
- solution dismissed or rejected
- alternative solution found
- opinions changed for certain and good
- conflict resolved
More later...Miss Trish must check her email and needs the computer!
XOXO -- Jenna