This week another Pink Heart Society newbie is here to tell us all about how her life has changed since selling to Silhouette. So a big warm Pink Heart welcome to Silhouette Desire author Yvonne Lindsay!
After 13 years of submitting partials and full manuscripts to Harlequin Mills and Boon Yvonne Lindsay was ecstatic to sell to Silhouette Desire in April of 2005. At the time, working four days a week as a practice manager in a sole practice law firm, which responsibilities expanded when her boss and his wife (a dental surgeon) combined practices in new premises in 2006, the dream of ‘giving up the day job’ was exactly that. A dream. At the end of 2006, with the immense support of all members of her family, Yvonne realised that dream:
·SUDDENLY: (Okay, not so suddenly, let’s say 18 months after I sold) I quit my day job.
· SUDDENLY: Everyone takes my writing more seriously, from the lady at the pharmacy, to parents of my kids teammates, to me!
· SUDDENLY: I no longer wake suddenly in the middle of the night and spend sleepless hours worrying over what I need to do for my clients.
· SUDDENLY: My health, my happiness and my home life have improved a million fold (although I have yet to catch up with housework
· SUDDENLY: I can write during the day instead of grabbing time when I’m exhausted after a day’s work and running kids around the place, and I can embrace the absolute pleasure of thoroughly immersing myself in my work. (Ironing? Oh, I’m meant to do ironing? Isn’t that why I have teenagers?)
· SUDDENLY: I can focus on developing a long and strong writing career, doing what I love most and what I do best.
· SUDDENLY: I can see a time where I can give back to my main supporters and return the awesome gift of support and love and belief that they’ve given me.
Yvonne's fourth Silhouette Desire, ROSSELINI'S REVENGE AFFAIR, a book with another unfairly gorgeous cover ;) hits bookshelves in North America on July 10th. Her first two books are already SOLD OUT at eHarlequin so you'd better get in quick for number three!
Yvonne has been nominated for a coveted RuBy Award, for best romantic book of the year in Australia.