Now for something a little different... On Wednesday we'll be bringing you lots more lovely "the call" stories as well as looking at the next stage of becoming a published author. So here to tell us how her life has changed since selling to Harlequin is newbie Presents author Abby Green!!!
How my life has changed…
· Well. I am more broke than I’ve ever been (!).
· I now spend inordinate amounts of time on the internet. I am obsessed with people’s blogs and websites.
· I have developed a hitherto non-existent ‘lurker’ personality. I hover suspiciously in bookshops and rearrange shelves.
· I am obsessed with the post, waiting for it, listening out for it, practically jumping on the poor postman. I now order nearly a book a day on amazon and will be bankrupt soon.
· I find myself sometimes in the middle of the street with a surge of pure joy when I think of what I’ve achieved. And the same reaction when I think of getting 'the call'.
· I live in fear of being told in a very nice way by my Ed, thanks for everything but really you only have three books in you and they’re done, please don’t send us anything again.
· I am developing a chair bottom, and can’t touch my toes anymore.
· I now have a nice fancy computer and a proper desk in my spare room/office. I steal stationary and especially reams of paper whenever I do my day job.
· I now have justification for all the voices in my head. I wake up happy every day that I am getting to do a job that I love. I now write a lot more than I used to, which is handy as I’m getting paid to do so. I think I can now call myself a writer without feeling like a fraud.
· I have new friends, some I’ve met and others I can’t wait to meet.
· All in all, it’s been pretty whirlwind and I’m looking forward to more and more changes!
X Abby Green
Abby's first Spanish language version is available now! Heredero De Amor (a translation of Chosen as the Frenchman's Bride) is available now through Harlequin Bianca.
And for the rest of you, The Brazilian's Blackmail Bargain will be out and about for your reading pleasure come August first.