Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sunday Spotlight on Kathleen O'Reilly


This week The Pink Heart Society introduces you to Blaze author Kathleen O'Reilly...

About Kathleen:


Kathleen O'Reilly wrote her first romance at the age of eleven, which to her undying embarrassment was read aloud to her class. After taking over twenty years to recover from the profound distress, she is now proud to announce her career as an award-winning romance author.
Kathleen lives in New York with her husband and their two children who outwit her daily.

Spotlight On Kathleen:

Where do you get the inspiration for your books from?

I get my ideas from lots of different places, but this particular series came about from all the bloggers who were using blogs to get a book deal, and the sex blogs seemed to be getting a lot of attention. I find inspiration from the news, people I know, and stories that people tell me. My friends know that whatever they tell me is likely to turn up in a book.

What makes you mad?

Clothes shrunk by laundry, especially when it’s my fault. Also, popcorn that doesn’t pop like it should.

What in a hero makes you drool?

Exterior toughness with hidden vulnerability.

If you weren’t a writer what would you be?

I spent about ten years in technology, and if I weren’t writing, that’s what I’d do. I’m a closet geek as well as a romance author.

What do you do to relax and wind down?

I pull out a romance novel, run a long, hot bubble bath, pour a glass of wine and lock the door. It’s heaven.

How do you get out of a writing rut?

I don’t usually get into ruts, but I’ve found that it’s better to muddle through and then go back and fix whatever I don’t like.

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?

A flat in London, I think.

Who would you most like to give a hug to for a fabulous book you’ve read?

Either Nora Roberts or Susan Elizabeth Phillips.

What music do you listen to when writing?


For each book that I do, I make myself a soundtrack of songs that convey the main conflict, theme or issue. The one that I’m working on now has a lot of home issues, so I have: Home by Chris Daughtry, Homeward Bound by Simon & Garfunkle, London Homesick Blues by David Allen Coe, and U + Ur Hand by Pink (absolutely nothing to do with Home, but it fits the heroine).

Tell us a secret nobody knows about you


I nearly got arrested in Russia because of Prince Charles. I’ll never forget those words. “We have laws in this country, you must not break them.”

What have you had to celebrate in the last year?


I got invited to do a continuity for Harlequin. Thoroughbred Legacy. I’ve never done a continuity before, so I was very excited about the whole thing and it’s a fun experience.

What’s beside your computer when you’re writing?

Tons of books, including The Synonym Finder, The Describer’s Dictionary, Zounds!, and a picture of my kids. Also a Micron pen (I LOVE them), and lots of pieces of paper that are placed in no order at all.

If you could kiss anyone in the world who would it be?


Daniel Craig, but please don’t tell my husband.

What are you working on now?

I’m currently working on a book for march 2008, a new trilogy for Harlequin Blaze.


Kathleen's latest release is book three in the Harlequin Blaze Red Choo Diaries - Beyond Seduction is on sale right now and is available at both eharlequin and Amazon!


To find out more about Kathleen and her books you can visit her Website or her Blog


Thanks Kathleen!

No comments:

Post a Comment