Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Male on Monday...Josh Hartnett

This month Pink Heart Society ed Ally Blake brings you a young up and comer. He's tall, dark, and handsome... and she can't believe it's taken the blog this long!

I was almost loathe to share this particular pic with you guys I just love it so much. But in the spirit of share and share alike...

I’ve had pictures of him in my mammoth file for a long while. Years in fact. And it has taken 15 books for him to graduate from pretty face to hero material. Why is that? Too young? Too pretty? Hasn’t actually proven himself in all that many movies?

I think it’s interesting that I have finally been able to find him a fabulous home as the hero of my current book which is a Modern Extra. His youth, sex appeal and dark, dangerous aura can work for me there, but I just know in my heart of hearts I couldn’t stretch him to be a Harlequin Romance hero. Yet...

Interesting aside? Something to think about as you choose your hero types? I’m beginning to think so.

Anyhoo, back to Josh.

He is beautiful. Fallen angel beautiful. That voice, all liquid heat. And those eyes, hooded, dark, unfairly lashed. That bone structure, all finely carved sharp angles beneath pale skin and dark hair. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

He had auspicious beginnings to set him on the path to herodom. In the VIRGIN SUICIDES, Josh made a million girls fall madly in love wit him and then promptly broke their hearts within the span of an hour. He has been on the periphery of stardom in Hollywood ever since.

PEARL HARBOUR made him famous, and I think he did a fine, sympathetic and very handsome job in that movie. BLACK HAWK DOWN didn't have one bad performance and he was ably represented therein. 40 DAYS AND 40 NIGHTS made him sadly forgettable.

But it was his appearance in SIN CITY that clinched his starring role in my book for me. His part is tiny, a bookend of short pieces in a film made up of a dozen vignettes. In it he is devastatingly sexy, dashing, slick, a killer really, but one with a heart of gold. He lights up the screen, makes your heart go pitter pat, and your finger reach for the rewind button.

Now a bit about Josh the man.

  • Josh was born July 21st 1978
  • He and the equally nubile Scarlett Johanson were an item for quite a while. Since their break-up he has been linked with Penelope Cruz and Sienna Miller.
  • Hartnett was chosen as one of Teen People Magazine's 21 Hottest Stars Under 21 in 1999, one of Teen People's 25 Hottest Stars under 25 and one of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People, both in 2002, and was voted Bliss Magazine's 3rd sexiest male.
  • He has also recently shown his support for Global Cool, "a cool way to save the planet". The organization has a Myspace page at www.myspace.com/globalcool.

He’s young still. And if he sticks around a while longer, and pulls some beter roles, he could well be hero inspiration to last us into many decades yet to come.

'Cause, come on, isn't he just gorgeous!!!???

Ally’s next Harlequin Romance, BILLIONAIRE ON HER DOORSTEP, hits bookshelves in the UK and North America next month.

But it is available online already! Yep, right now! So head on over to eHarlequin to pick up a freshly minted, super-scented, fairy dust sprinkled hot off the presses copy today!

Check out an excerpt here...

2 comments:

  1. Hartnett is a hottie. I've watched all his movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My. He's pretty. I bet he'll get hotter as he gets older too.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete