Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Male on Monday by our Hamper Winner!!!

Today's Male on Monday slot is brought to you by our super duper lucky March Hamper winner Kim W who won not only a bunch of fantabulous signed category romance novels by our PHS authors, but the chance to blog about her favourite hero inspiration.

We're only surprised he hasn't appeared here before. So here Kim is with her celluloid love...Johnny Depp!!!

Male on Monday is all mine today

A favorite stop and a nice place to play.

I came here to tell you all about the one

Who warms up my insides and has great buns

His name is Johnny Depp...he's the guy

Who stays in my mind and makes me sigh.

I’m not sure if it’s those eyes or his whole face

But he sure makes my heart beat at a fast pace

He’s a fine actor and plays his roles to the extreme

I wonder what he’s really like, is it as good as it seems

His character and demeanor is very important, indeed

He must have come from a damn fine good breed

Wishes and dreams from night until day

Wondering and wondering if he’s a good……

Whew! All that came about because of a lazy Saturday night a long time ago when I sat down to watch a movie called Chocolat. There on the screen was a guy named Roux, played by Johnny Depp. He was just loaded with charisma and charm. He has that carefree and mysterious look and style that is so appealing to me. Everything about him is just perfect for a bad boy type romance hero.

He was born, John Christopher Depp II, in Owensboro, Kentucky, on June 9, 1963 and raised in Florida. He dropped out of school at age 15 to purse a career as a rock musician. When that wasn’t working out, he pursued an acting career and won a part in the movie A Nightmare On Elm Street. He has been in over thirty movies since then. Some of the most memorable ones for me are Chocolat, Pirates of the Caribbean, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Don Juan DeMarco and Finding Neverland.

He presently lives with Vanessa Paradis, a French actress and singer, and the mother of his two children, Lily Rose Melody and John “Jack” Christopher Depp III.

Quote from Johnny: "I think the thing to do is enjoy the ride while you're on it."

Thanks to everyone at the Pink Heart Society for the opportunity to share a favorite hunk of mine and to all the authors who were so generous and gave books away in the Hamper Day drawing. I’ll be running to the mailbox every day and looking forward to escaping away with your heroes. It’s been an enjoyable ride!

~KimW~

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kim!!!! :) Have fun reading!

    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kim!

    I am a Johnny Depp fan too. My, oh my, he is fun to look at isn't he, lol.

    Have fun reading!

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time I saw him he was in 21 Jump Street. Now I love him as Capt Jack Sparrow. My kids love him too and they went through a phase of saying "Savvy?" at the end of every sentence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, Kim, he's my choice too. I just watched Chocolat again at the weekend. Yum.

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen Chocolat...need to add it to my list of movies to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! It was fun to browse around and look at Johnny photos. Jennifer, I hope you can see Chocolat. It's an excellent movie.

    ReplyDelete