Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunday Spotlight on Vivi Anna

This week The Pink Heart Society spotlights Nocturne author Vivi Anna.

About Vivi Anna:



A bad girl at heart, Vivi Anna likes to burn up the pages with her original unique brand of fantasy fiction. Whether it's in ancient Egypt, or in an apocalyptic future, Vivi always writes fast paced action-adventure with strong independent women that can kick some butt, and dark delicious heroes to kill for. Once shot at while repossessing a car, Vivi decided that maybe her life needed a change. The first time she picked up a pen and put words to paper, she knew she had found her heart. Within two paragraphs, she realized she could write about getting into all sorts of trouble without suffering the consequences. When Vivi isn't writing, you can find her causing a ruckus at downtown bistros, flea markets, or playgrounds.


Spotlight:

Where do you get the inspiration for your books from?

Dreams, movies, song lyrics, TV shows, little things my daughter or niece will say. I get inspiration from everywhere and from everything. I probably get one new idea for a book every day. I have five 2’’ three-ring binders full of notes, divided by genre.

What makes you mad?

Injustice. Rudeness. And people that drive irresponsibly. Oh, and that I keep getting pimples on my chin.

What’s the most romantic thing that has ever happened to you?

I was dating this lovely man who was an actor. I think it was on a Valentine’s Day, he had a whole day planned out for me. He came to my apartment with a basket of stuff he wouldn’t let me see, then he told me to go into my bedroom, put on something sexy and come out. I did, he then blindfolded me and proceeded to ‘please’ me ALL DAY. It was lovely. He even sang to me and wrote me a poem.

What in a hero makes you drool?

Tough rugged exterior, but brimming with compassion inside for others and for the world. Oh, also tall, with killer eyes and a smile that could make my toes curl. And big hands. Oh, and broad shoulders…and…and…

If you weren’t a writer what would you be?

A teacher most likely. English or math.


What do you do to relax and wind down?


I’m not very good at relaxing. I don’t think I’ve ever been totally chilled. My mind is in constant flux. Even when I’m doing something else, I’m creating characters, plotting scenes, thinking about my next project.

But when I do take down time, I like to watch movies. I’m a movieholic. My first love would be big fat epic action movies like LOTR, Gladiator, Braveheart. Those type of stories. I can hardly wait till the movie 300, with Gerard Butler, comes out. It’s going to kick butt.

How do you get out of a writing rut?

I”ll work on something else for a while. Or I’ll go watch a movie. Something about visual images always prompts me to get out of my rut and to move on.


If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?

I want to say Bermuda, but really don’t want to have to worry about tropical storms all the time. So, somewhere in Europe. A country where men are running around with delicious accents. I love a man with an accent. British, Irish, Welsh, French…it’s all good.

Who would you most like to give a hug to for a fabulous book you’ve read?

Rachel Caine and Kim Harrison. I love both of these ladies books. Every one of the Weather Warden series I have devoured. Same with Kim’s Hollows series. Every single book as good as the last. I’m never disappointed.

What music do you listen to when writing?

I like silence when I write. If I had music, I’d be singing along and forget what in heck I was writing. Yet, I did listen to a lot of Metallica when I wrote Hell Kat. Hmm, there must be a correlation there somewhere.

Tell us a secret nobody knows about you

I sleep with my socks on.


What was your most embarrassing moment?

Hmm, that’s a tough one. I don’t embarrass easy. So it would have to be when I was in grade nine. I was a wee bit of a rebel. I was in French class and the teacher was late. I knew we were having a test and I had forgot to study so I thought I’d just skip the class. So I decided to go out the window. Except when I swung my leg out, my jeans ripped right up the seam between my legs. LOL And the teacher took that very moment to enter the classroom. Needless to say, I got in a wee bit of trouble that day and was sent home to change my clothes!!

What have you had to celebrate in the last year?

Three books published by Kensington Aphrodisia, a wonderful contract with Silhouette Nocturne, being nominated for a PEARL for Hell Kat, getting a DIK review at AAR for Inferno, and all the wonderful praise I have been getting for Blood Secrets.

What’s beside your computer when you’re writing?

Building Believable Characters by Marc McCutheon, Oxford American Writer’s Thesaurus, my Ankh worry stone, a glass of Pepsi, and a pile of scrap paper.



If you could kiss anyone in the world who would it be?

Viggo Mortensen dressed as Aragorn.

What are you working on now?

The third book in the Valorian Chronicles, and a sexy, action-packed urban fantasy.

Viva's Silhouette Nocturne release, Blood Secrets is out now in North America!

And you can visit Vivi Anna's moody and fabulous website for more about her fabulous new books!

1 comment:

  1. *waves at Vivi!*

    And I'm TOTALLY with you on the accents.

    ReplyDelete