Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thursday Talk-Time with Linda Goodnight

Finding The Perfect Man

Creating characters is my favorite part of writing category romance, especially discovering that perfect blend of tough but tender hero. Usually, he dances around the edges of my imagination for several days, his personality not quite clear, his features blurry but still obviously handsome, of course! And then one day he says something and his voice begins to take shape. Right away, I go to Google and search for him. Yes, yes, I realize we writers have a hard lot in life, being forced to look at all those manly faces for hours on end, but I’m not one to shirk my sworn duty.

Collin Grace, the hero of my December Love Inspired, A SEASON FOR GRACE, arrived in my heart almost fully developed. I knew him. I knew his quiet, intense personality, his emotional wounds, his strength of character and innate goodness. I knew that he loved long and deep but was afraid to reach out, though as a cop he’d swear he feared nothing. I even knew he’d spent his entire life trying to keep a childhood promise. But I couldn’t see him.

Off to Google I went, self-sacrificing soul that I am, where I spent hours perusing one handsome hunk after another until at last, there he was! Collin Grace in the flesh.

So, let’s have a contest. Well, not a real contest, but a really fun contest called “pick a hunk”. Readers have already sent suggestions about which actor should play Collin in a movie (if ever there was one). I thought I’d post a few and see which you would choose.

So, here we go: Look over the photos. Which hero do you prefer?

We have: Adrian Paul, Colin Farrell, The Rock, and Jesse Bradford.

Check my blog next Thursday for the photo that hung over my computer during the writing of A SEASON FOR GRACE!

One last thought before I toddle off to the dinner table yet again: Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends. Indeed, we have a lot to be thankful for.

Linda's last book MARRIED UNDER THE MISTLETOE was a part of the fabulous Brides of Bella Lucia miniseries and received a 4 1/2 star Top Pick rating from Romantic Times!

Next out is A SEASON FOR GRACE the first in a series entitled The Brothers' Bond.

Check out her website for more!


  1. From your description of Collin Grace, I'd go with Adrian Paul.

  2. It's sooo difficult to choose. It's rather like being faced with a new box of chocolates. Where to begin???

    I've literally just finished 'Married Under The Mistletoe' and it's an absolutely fabulous read. Thank you!

  3. Lots of choices, for sure, Linda. I think I'd go with Adrian, too. But I do like Natasha's notion of the chocolate box! Looking forward to reading your book.

  4. I have a question....WHO is the guy with Adrian Paul????? YUM! LOL

    But seriously - I like the intense look in Jesse Bradford's eyes. Sometimes I find that it's as specific as a particular picture of someone. A look. I also like Colin Farrell's look, but I'd be more tempted to make him a bad boy.

    I just started my new WIP and I already have my hero casted for my next. LOL.

  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  6. Hmmm close call between Colin Farrell and Jesse Bradford for me but I'll go with Jesse for his eyes in that photo.

    I read MUTM a few weeks ago and yes, it really was a wonderful read. Any book that makes me cry, I give a thumbs up :)

  7. I'm going for Colin to play Collin! I agree that I see him as more of a bad boy in real life, but in this picture he looks positively soulful.

    Can't wait to see who you picked Linda!