Monday, November 27, 2006

Sunday Spotlight on Pat White

This week we shine the spotlight on Intrigue author Pat White!

ABOUT PAT

With a degree in Journalism, Pat White spent the first ten years of her career as a newspaper reporter and public relations manager, and the next ten writing fiction. She is a Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice winner for Best Contemporary Romance, and a six-time Golden Heart finalist. Pat writes romantic comedy with a touch of mystery, dark intrigues and paranormal suspense.

SPOTLIGHT!

Where do you get the inspiration for your books from?

Movies, books, people I meet on the street, friends.

What makes you mad?

Mad as in, I’m mad about Christian Bale, or mad as in angry? ;-) If it’s the latter, hmmm, when the cats fight and break stuff.

What’s the most romantic thing that has ever happened to you?

My husband resizing my engagement ring and giving it to me on our anniversary trip to the Rocky Mountains.

What in a hero makes you drool?

Strength, fortitude, a sense of humor. Oh, and abs. A six-pack works.

If you weren’t a writer what would you be?

An actor, or restaurant owner.

What do you do to relax and wind down?

Watch Law & Order reruns or BBC America: MI5, Wire in the Blood, What Not to Wear.

How do you get out of a writing rut?

Chocolate works. If not, I’ll take a walk, hike up a mountain or treat myself to the movies.

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?

I’m here—Seattle; second choice would be Scotland.

Who would you most like to give a hug to for a fabulous book you’ve read?

Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird.

What music do you listen to when writing?

Changes with each book. Sometimes country, sometimes rock and roll, many times new age. Currently a rock band called Muse.

Tell us a secret nobody knows about you?

I prefer dark chocolate over any other kind. (It’s all about the chocolate, you know.) Also, I wear mismatching socks most of the time. A shrink would have a field day with that one.

What was your most embarrassing moment?

Hitting the wrong note on the piano during a recording we were making in the Jazz Band – I mean, I went flat when I was supposed to go sharp. Yikes!!

What have you had to celebrate in the last year?

My son going off to college! My first three-book contract with Harlequin Intrigue. My first Intrigue receiving a Top Pick from RT.

What’s beside your computer when you’re writing?

Besides a cat? Crystals: rose quartz, amethyst, smoky quartz; and my shake ‘em up globe of the Space Needle with multi-colored stars.

If you could kiss anyone in the world who would it be?

My husband, Larry. As I write this, he’s 1,200 miles away – BAH!

What are you working on now?

Saving Destiny, my dark and sexy NOCTURNE, AND a new series—Billionaire Superheroes, what do you think about that one?

Pat writes both dark and dangerous as well as sweet and sassy books. Come next year she has three books out in three months, fabulous titles all, beginning with The American Temp and the British Inspector! Check them out here.

Her debut intrigue, the RT top pick Silent Memories, will be a part of the November Hamper! Did you go in the drawer for the big prize yesterday?

4 comments:

  1. Christian Bale! Christian Bale!

    You are my new best friend, Pat. I have crystals beside my computer too. Including rose quartz!

    And I've said it before but I ADORE your titles.

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billionaire Superheroes? Oh, I LOVE it, Pat! Also love the titles and the cover of The AT and the BI. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the three books, Pat. I loved Silent Memories.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete